CH 26

Hi, I know that some of you are crushed for what I did with the baby, but here, the twist: nothing is what it seems. And, in this chapter, there will be a lot of emotions, a lot of action. Anyway, hope you like it, and, thank you in advance if you've the time to leave a review.

Stay safe, take care of yourself. See U soon!

*** Lena's narrative (voice-over) ***

They say where there's a great love, there are always miracles, hope... I never believed that... till today...

Lena says in shock. - "How is this possible? How...?"

The CEO gasps in shock. This was supposed to be just a check-up for Kara, a check-up to see how she's doing after the Kriptonite issue, to see if she was at her 100% to be Supergirl again after a long session under the sun lamps, but, the medical check-up became into something else when a tiny, pounding heart caught their attention...

Kara mumbles in tears. - "It's alive... the baby... it's..." (big smile) "Lee! Our baby is here!"

The CEO doesn't want to kill the hopes of her wife, but she's a scientist, she believes in what she can prove with facts. And, when Alex does a more precise ultrasound, there's no doubt, there's still a baby in the picture...

Kara smiles. - "It's a miracle! It's..."

Lena cuts her off. - "It's impossible!" (She snaps against Alex, and, says to her) "You said that we lost the baby!"

Alex. - "Well, that's what I thought! Kara had a bleeding, and, ..."

Lena snaps. - "And, what?! You just made us feel miserable for nothing!"

The CEO would never talk like this to her sister in law, but, her feelings are all over the place. Anger, joy, frustration, so many things she's feeling that's hard for her to keep it calm, but...

Kara softly holds Lena's hand, and, says with a lot of tenderness. - "Lee, please. Calm down. This is supposed to be a happy moment..."

Alex. - "I don't get it, really. The last time I checked, there was not heartbeat..."

Kara. - "Maybe the baby was too weak to be detected. Maybe the sun lamps made him stronger..."

It's always Kara the one who see the positive in everything. And right now the blonde is more than positive that this is the best day of their lives because after all...

Kara says with happy tears in her eyes. - "Lee, our baby is still here..."

Lena nods, also with tears in her eyes, Kara's happy aura is back, and, Lena couldn't be happier. The CEO hugs her wife in a very emotional hug. There're no words that could explain their joy because their world is still growing... without losing any member of the family... at least not yet...

There are some things that are just meant to be. And, it seems that this baby is one of them, but, Lena will not commit the same mistake twice. This time she wil make sure to do an infinity of tests, of analysis, just to find out that...

Lena mumbles. - "The baby... he's..." (tears) "He's..."

Alex emerges into the room, and, asks. - "Did you run the tests again...?"

Lena nods, she looks at the blood analysis of Kara, at the intense check-up on Kara's health, and, this time, there's no doubt, the baby...

Alex sadly mumbles. - "The baby is sick... the baby..."