CH 19

Hello! So, this chapter will start immediately after the last scene of the previous chapter. Hope you like it, and, remember that when I write 'Supergirl', it means that Kara is wearing her super suit.

Anyway, thank you in advance if you've the time to leave a review. See U!

Chapter 19

*** Lena's narrative (voice-over) ***

When your world is in danger, when your loved ones are hunted by Evil. You've to use all your efforts to protect them, right? You have to protect your world at any cost... any cost...

Lena steps back, she reaches out a gun she has hidden in her desk...

Sam puts her hands up, and, says. - "Lena, you're not a killer..."

Lena points out the gun towards her, and, says. - "I've blood in my hands, Sam..."

Sam. - "Lena, please, you're smart. You're a chess prodigy, I've seen your throphies... please, how can you believe that I'm a killer as Reign, when, I cannot even kill a spider!"

Lena. - "The tests don't lie, Sam... You're Reign..." (Her hand is shaking with the gun, hesitation while she sighs) "You hurt people, you..." (She says with a mix of anger and pain) "You hurt Supergirl!"

Lena is used to be hurt by people close to her. But, she's not used on seeing people close to Kara becoming evil. The blonde is a sunshine, her blonde is a magnet of good, kindeness... so, yeah, it takes Lena off guard to find out that a friend could want to hurt her dear sunshine...

Sam. - "Lena, I didn't come to hurt you, or, anyone else..."

Lena grips hard on the weapon she has in her hand...

Sam. - "I came here, tonight, because I need your help. Lena. Please, I'm desperate, I can't keep going with these blackouts. I... I'm losing my mind, and, I'm pretty sure that I will get better with your help..."

Silence, Lena doesn't know what to say, she doesn't know what to do or what to think...

Sam. "Lena...?"

Lena mumbles. - "Kara got hurt because of Reign... because of you..."

Sam. - "I would never hurt Kara, aka Supergirl, Lena. Please, you know me... Months ago, you & Kara trusted your secret. You trusted me with Kara's secret identity as Supergirl. Do you really believe that you would do something like that with someone evil?!"

Could it be that it's not Sam's fault? Lena asks herself that question while she sees her friend in the eyes...

Sam. - "When I black-out, I... I'm not in control. I remember nothing, and, I'm scared, Lena... I'm scared..." (tears) "Please..."

The tears are real, they aren't fake. Lena knows it. But, even then she's not willing to put down the weapon, at least not yet, till...

(Phone rings)

Lena hesitates on taking the call; the bubble smile of her dear wife appearing on the screen, even in picture, Kara looks so happy. The last thing she wants, it's to bring Kara into this, the CEO doesn't want Kara to get any near of Reign, or, in this case, Sam...

(Phone rings)

Really, Lena wants to ignore the call, she needs to figure out what to do right now, but, if she doesn't answer, her darling will get worried, and, pass by the office. So...