CH 44

Hi there, so the narrative of this chapter will be like Lena was talking about something in the past for her. In Lena's POV, the dialogue will be in Italic to represent the notion of flashback. Hope, it's clear and you like the chapter. Enjoy!

CH 44

*** Lena's POV ***

You lose something and you want it back. It shouldn't be hard to get, if it was yours more than once, getting it back should be easy, right? And yet, it was driving me crazy the lack of progress after I declared my feelings to Kara. Me, Lena Luthor, the woman who never... EVER shows any kind of emotion, was the first one to say the word 'Love' this time. I've never been the kind of person who expresses her feelings so freely and when I finally had the courage to do it. To put my heart out there. What did I get? Radio silence.

Hiding and avoiding were not the reactions I was expecting from Kara. The blonde was doing till the impossible to shut down any closeness between the two of us. From flying away the moment I appeared in the DEO, to decline all my gifts, my calls and texts. She was doing a great job pushing me away. She even returned me the big order of donuts I sent her, for Lord Sake! Donuts! When has she refused to eat a donut?! Never, till that moment. This was getting to a new level. The blonde showed no interest in getting to know me, at least this version of myself.

If I could, I would have kicked the ass of the other Lena, who screwed it so badly. Maybe if I kicked my own ass, would Kara see me with better eyes? Probably no...

Trust issues. I know them too well. I've had them many times, even with Kara. So, I get it! When I felt hurt too, I built a wall and I suffocated behind it. So, I understood her position against me after all, she was hurt by me! Or a version of me. But, that doesn't mean it didn't suck to know she wasn't going to take another chance with me. Too afraid to get hurt again, she was rejecting me from day one. And, let me tell you something, being rejected by the person you love, it's hard. But, being rejected every single day by that person, over and over, it's harsh! Nonetheless, I wasn't ready to stop. I wasn't going to give up. Not least in view of what was at stake: my happy family.

So, against any logic, against any hope. I insisted to the point I enticed Kara to a game of chase. A game where I was chasing her. I became a version of Pepe Le Pew. Our day-to-day was like watching a Pepe Le Pew cartoon. One lover, blindly pursuing an unrequited love, no matter how ridiculous it made him look. That was me, a cheap version of Pepe Le Pew. I'm pretty sure I've never looked so pathetic and desperate in my life. I thought I was hitting rock bottom, but God! How was I wrong! Because when Andrea Rojas, Ex-friend and at the time, CEO of Catco, decided to make Supergirl her personal bodyguard, that's when I really touched bottom.

 I thought I was hitting rock bottom, but God! How was I wrong! Because when Andrea Rojas, Ex-friend and at the time, CEO of Catco, decided to make Supergirl her personal bodyguard, that's when I really touched bottom

Photos of them together, the press hinting and speculating about a possible romance between them. It was just... ahhrrrr! You know?!

I couldn't blame Andrea for drooling over Supergirl. One pic of those abs and any girl, straight or not, would go for it. But, why?! WHY?! Supergirl had to smile in all their photos together?! Why did she need to carry her, bridley-style? WHY?! Why her and not me?! My jealousy got the worst of me, like every time.