✨LETTER 1✨

Dear Bangtan,

Dear Bangtan,

Before I even get into this letter, I first want to thank you. There are so many things that I'm excited about in this lifetime but the one thing I'm excited about the most is going back to normalcy from this uncertain time. I think what makes me excited about that is because there will be more chances to attend a concert or meet-up with you when the pandemic is over and that would make me really happy tbh.

I've been a casual listener since 2014 but your music has been a really huge gift to me for the past (almost) 2 years during the pandemic. There were moments when I felt depressed about not being able to see my friends and family because I missed them so much and your music was always there to help me. The messages, the stories, the calm in the middle of a crazy storm... You, BTS, provided that for me and I don't even know how to thank you for the peace of mind you have given me after listening to you. When I had to go through a lot of medical procedures this year, I was comforted by your music and listened to it going into and coming out of the procedures. It gave me a sense of calm and peace, something I desperately needed during those hard moments.

As usual, I do get comments and questions asking why I'm "obsessed" with you guys. But I honestly can say that what I feel for the seven of you is not obsession. No. What I feel is admiration and thankfulness because it was the seven of you who saved me from the pits of despair that the pandemic brought. While people I cared about were falling into despair and depression, you were there to keep me going with your messages of self-love and not quitting. This kept pushing me to spread your message to my friends as well and now the family that I found are all holding on tightly while being wrapped in the messages of love you have shared with us and the world.

I wish I can write a longer letter to you but it took me nearly 2 days to write this because I feel like I'm choking on tears just thinking about what could have happened with my friends and family had it not been for your music. The last time we met back on the island, I wasn't as big of a fan as I am now but even then, I greatly admired you and your love to creating the most impactful messages in your song. I know that everything you do for Army are done with so much love and well-intentions, and that's why you've become pioneers in the industry... and can I just say it's WELL-DESERVED?? Because it is!!

Thank you so much for being the angel on my shoulder for the past few years and for constantly making me happy. I want to also thank you for introducing me to other Army, including the current team members of @BTS-Community, who I have grown to love and care for dearly in our short time together. You have a way of opening doors and opportunities for all Army and so many of us are grateful for that.

Thank you, BTS. Borahae 💜

With lots of purple love,
Athena