CHAPTER I: BRAVE NEW WORLD

In his condition, Nomura felt like he was already on the way to the afterlife

In his condition, Nomura felt like he was already on the way to the afterlife. Although, he regrets something that he must do before he dies. His mind fills with an acceptance that he's dead and there's nothing he can do about it. Suddenly, he saw the light approaching him in the blank black space.

"Who's there?"

A White figure appeared after the light has died down. 

"Well...You might not believe me, but I am Fate. Nice to meet you"

Nomura was utterly confused about this figure or fate. He's trying to find some sense in all this situation and begins to collect some thoughts before asking questions.

"Oh yeah, I am a Destiny of the world. Come on, stop fooling around" The white figure just sigh for seconds. Then outburst the word.

"Oh Lord have mercy!!! I am Fate! As in something that determines your life". Still, Nomura doesn't buy this act. 

"Dude, come on. I have a better lie than this and sorry, your act is terrible" Nomura folded his arms. He never gonna believe such a thing exists.

"Fine! If you still find it hard to believe, just look at it here"

The white figure shows a picture and kind of video about Nomura's recent truck incident. Nomura fell in disbelief at what he saw. A truck hit him and threw him overboard. Then, he showed the aftermath of the incident that his body never is found and many news outlets only found his name tag underwater. He saw the kid that said 'He is the hero. He safe my life. But he still doesn't understand the motive of this figure.

"You believe me now?"

Nomura has never been speechless in his life. But, this is the reality and indeed that's what happens "Ok, I believe you. But before that. Why you did do this?"

Fate told Nomura about the problem. Apparently, Fate's counterpart Destiny has sent someone from his world to the other world for answering those people's prayers. However, in doing so he creates something that's not balanced in another world. Destiny said to Fate that is other world people's concern and not theirs. Fate also told Nomura about a couple's prayer that they want God to send someone to save his kingdom in another universe. But, with the alteration, Fate has to find the medium to form some sense of balance.

"So, are you saying that the medium is me?"

Fate nodded.

"But...Why me?"

"You said that you want some kind of start over with your life and try to find the meanings in your life. So, I gave you this role as a second chance. I am the best, right?" Nomura felt bewildered although he said such a word. He thinks that this show just already start from that incident.

"Oh right...Your physical and other things are still the same as before. Every of your belonging is still with you. But-"

Nomura felt anxious from Fate's sentence "But what?"