CHAPTER VIII: FURY OF A MAN

Nomura prays until this day for the three dukes to submit to Souma and end unnecessary bloodshed from both sides

Nomura prays until this day for the three dukes to submit to Souma and end unnecessary bloodshed from both sides. These events happen because of Souma's progressive program that in some of the people's vision, especially Duke Carmine sees Souma disrespects retainer practice, an allegation that he usurped the throne, and punishes corrupt nobles that won't obey government policy over their wealth.

On one hand, Nomura wants to respect the tradition and customs in the country but on the other hand, he also thinks that the imminent external threat is far greater than everyone thought. So, the traditional way seems irrelevant for us to achieve a quick and decisive victory over the enemies. 

When everyone nervously waits for Souma and Liscia outside the broadcasting room, except Juna that actually with Duke Wolter. Nomura excuse himself and headed toward his room for a private call with someone

"Hello Hello Nomura!" Fate seems to cheer up by Nomura's call "I'm not expecting a call from you" 

Nomura just expects that reaction "(sigh) look Fate, does this conflict with Carmine and others can end peacefully?" 

"Well...I can't tell you about that or God surely going to be mad at me. However..."

"However what?" 

Fate smirk "However, my gut tells me that Carmine doing this for another reason y'know"

The words make Nomura curious "what do you mean by that?" 

"Well...I told you I can't explain it. That's part of my secret y'know" 

Nomura sighed for he can't shake Fate for an answer "Fine then. Thanks anyway" 

"Your welcome. Oh yeah, I just want to warn you about something" 

Nomura then again had been made curious by Fate 

"Since I sent you as the medium, it means that everything has changed a bit. So, Good Luck. Teehee!" Then Fate just hang up

"OI! WAIT! (Growling) GOD DAMNIT! I really can't stand her attitude" Nomura then thinks about Fate's last warning "But what is she meant by 'everything has changed a bit?" 

Then, Nomura startle by Alia who knocks on the door "Hey...what are you doing here?" 

"Uh...I just remember some documents that I left behind. So what's up?"

"Souma and Liscia are already done with the three dukes" 

"Ok, Let's go"

Nomura escorted by Alia headed toward the broadcasting room to talk with Souma. When they Nomura surprised by Liscia's short hair. Souma told me that she cuts her hair in front of Carmine to show him her determination to fight him. Souma also told Nomura that Juna actually is a spy or Kanaria sent by Duke Wolter to observe and evaluate Souma. In actuality, Nomura already knew that Juna is a spy since Tricky Vic has already identified her.