CHAPTER VII: SECRET WAY TO SURVIVE

Since the Jingo forest disaster, Souma acts differently from before as it felt like that disaster was his guilt

Since the Jingo forest disaster, Souma acts differently from before as it felt like that disaster was his guilt. But from this disaster, Souma and the rest of the government received a valuable lesson about preventing and providing relief for a natural disaster.

As time flew by, Souma stuffed himself with work that makes the people around him worry about him. As chancellor and minister of defense, Nomura is helping with Souma's job and cooperating with Hakuya for security and military matters. Basically, Nomura takes some of Souma's job. 

To Souma's thinking, it doesn't matter how much work he will do until everything is complete and checked out.

"Bro, I think you should slow it down for a bit" As writing screeching noise fills the room and Nomura's voice is worried for the king.

"It's alright, Nomura. Besides, we need to get this done in time" Souma still able to smile beside the memory of the incident. 

"(Sigh)...Well just take it easy, boss. We still need you in this game"

"Thanks. Speaking of work, how's your reform progress?"

Nomura explains the successful experiment and demonstration to Souma. Nomura also request for the 4 commanders to be transferred and approved by the king. After Souma's approval, Nomura sent a message to Alec that the commanders now need to form a new military organization that is named 'Royal Joint Chief of Staff" as the source of planning,  information, supplies, etc. 

"As we speak, they now are getting trained and reorganized for our upcoming 'event'. So...everything is under control"

"Well...that's good to hear" 

As they have a long day, they finally finished the work. As Nomura expects that Souma will attend to the plan and other work, while Nomura excuses himself to take recreation time. to do that he heads to a pub called 'Moon Light' to relax and enjoy his favorite drink. As for Souma's order, Nomura disguises himself as a noble merchant and enters the pub on his own. 

Nomura took a seat and began his usual talk "How's the business, master?"

"The business is still usual. How are you today, Mr. Toshiaki?"

"It's all well. I will order the usual, yeah?"

The bartender fills the glass with Nomura's favorite beer. A pilsner.

"How's our business, Mr. Toshiaki?" The bartender just plays his usual question "I hear it was quiet rumpus at your store" 

"Well...we are already busy with the merchandise before the opening session. I guarantee you that we will make a breakthrough"

"Glad to hear it"

"By the way Master, does the special merchandise arrive?" Then Nomura gives the bartender a strange silver coin with the red cross symbol minted on it.