CHAPTER VI: THE BALANCE OF IDEAS

Having a new trading port caused the building of a new town

Having a new trading port caused the building of a new town. The idea proposed by the king and chancellor to establish new trade routes is considered a measure to increase the economy and raise people's living standards, especially for those near the shoreline. Souma and Nomura inaugurate the new cities that will mark their legacy in this world.

As Souma and Liscia stayed at Veneti Nova City, Nomura and Alia oversaw the construction of Nohlas Berg. As he walked through the streets, he felt proud of what he and Souma had achieved in leading the country. He was certainly filled with joy.

"The construction went well, huh?" Alia said amazed at what she saw.

Nomura scratches his hair "It is. I do hope that the concept will work"

"I hope so as well"

After a leisure walk around construction sites, they saw Orlik talking to the architects. Nomura named Orlik as the manager of the town construction project. He supervises the workers with the note that he looks after the worker's well-being and coordinates the construction plan. To Orlik, he did this kind of work several times back home.

"Lord Nomura, good morning" He greets with a smile as always.

"Morning Orlik. How's the progress?" 

"The progress proceeds well. We were able to finish constructing several districts". 

From Orlik's explanation, this city will be built with canals to control the floods and plant trees alongside the sidewalk. Nomura was inspired by the combination of Tokyo and Amsterdam city design. 

"How's our new university?" 

"Oh yes, I almost forget. Please follow me".

After a walk, a university has been built with the inspiration of an English castle, complete with an underground for several levels. It resembles a castle from a magic theme movie that Nomura used to watch. As he enters the building, it is perfectly designed. After the university tour, Orlik guides Nomura and Alia through the town square, market zone, and military area. 

"Hey Nomura, do you think that Orlik enjoys this kind of work?"

Nomura saw the smile on Orlik's face and just give a simple answer "Well...it's assuring me that he enjoyed what he's doing"

Not long after Orlik came back to Nomura and found him smiling "Does something happen, my lord?"

"Ahh...Nothing...nothing. Let's continue the tour, shall we?" Nomura sure 

Orlik was pretty confused about Nomura's expression but he didn't mind it at all. After a few minutes, Nomura and Alia decide to leave Nohlas Berg and bid farewell to Orlik and his team. Before getting inside the stagecoach, a messenger comes to Nomura bringing the news from his assistant from his territory.