CHAPTER XV: HEARTS AND MINDS

The sky over Van is clear as day

The sky over Van is clear as day. The country still feels different in the hand of its occupiers, however, these occupiers have different things in mind. Nomura and Alia drove towards the castle to discuss their next move and strategy. After Nomura is beside Alia she grieves over her dead parents that have been executed by Gaius himself. Two of them now start developing feelings for each other and ends up bound by heart and soul. Arriving at the castle they are greeted by Hakuya and taken to the meeting room where Souma, Liscia, Rudovin, and Glaive await them.

"Sorry for being late. I really had a good night's sleep" Nomura said while stretching his body. 

After everyone was present, Hakuya began the meeting. They discuss the mighty power of the Gran Chaos Empire and its technological advance military that was pretty clear to Souma they can't outlast them for long. 

Rudovin gives his opinion about the Empire "So basically, they have 5 times more soldiers than us. Also, with their use of superior technology in warfare, we will surely be defeated by them" 

Souma looked to Nomura "I take it that even your technology can't stand toe-to-toe with them, right?" 

"That pretty much sums it up. Even if we are for example on par in terms of technology and strategy, it always came down to the number of soldiers that they can muster. Not to mention, there will be something that we do not know much detail about" Nomura expresses his opinion.

"Aside from Empire, is there any resistance among the populace?" Souma asked.

Rudovin explains the local Amidonian situation to the rest of the meeting. The people of Amidonia are not resisting their occupation, it is all thanks to the quick thinking of Souma and the use of Dayne forces as a peacekeeping force that upholds the law and patrols the streets, and acts as city garrison. Pretty much all of them had given up the idea of revolting. 

Glaive gave his input to Souma that this war is not to conquer the whole of Amidonia, exploit its resource, and its land is too barren to support the kingdom. As they agree that taking control of more territory only resulting the people of Amidonia turning against them. They also remember in their culture they held a grudge against the kingdom. That surely difficult for them to bring prosperity and govern the region.

"Because of those grudges, we can't make any progress at all" Glaive said.

"That's why our first objective right now is to calm those grudges" 

Liscia asks "Calming the grudges? How?" 

"I called some people to help us with that" 

Then, a navy officer enters the room with 3 other accompanies. That officer is non-other than Juna Doma herself.

"Pardon my appearance due to formalities. Even though came as Juna the songstress" 

"...and who are these people?" Liscia ask