CHAPTER XIII: REVELATION

Near the end of the battle, the situation on the frontlines has changed into solid Elfriden's victory

Near the end of the battle, the situation on the frontlines has changed into solid Elfriden's victory. Many Amidonian soldiers were killed or surrendered to the Elfriden, even some of them just scattered from Elfriden's onslaught. Not knowing their rear become tense with Alia working for Gaius directly as a spy in Elfriden and successfully taking Nomura hostage. Alia's action seeing as a betrayal by many of her close friends and above all her king.

"So, King Souma...what can you offer me in exchange for your chancellor's life?" 

Souma clenched his teeth at the unexpected turn of events. He doesn't want his close friend to become a prisoner of war or worse end up dead. He felt relentless fury and considered losing his mind if something happen to Nomura. As Gaius speak to Souma, Alia called on one of Gaius surviving soldiers and order him to guard their rear. 

"Souma...what should we do?" Liscia asks 

"Liscia. I will exchange my life for him. It's the only way" 

Hearing this, Liscia clench her fist. She grabbed Souma's hand and cried "(Crying) Please. I don't want you to go...just...please...I beg you" 

"That's right, bro. You can't do that easily" Halbert adds to convince Souma

Even Nomura tries to convince Souma "HEY! SOUMA! DON'T YOU DO SOMETHING STUPID, YOU HEAR?! THINK ABOUT OUR PEOPLE, OUR SOLDIERS, FRIENDS, AND LISCIA!!" 

But to all their argument Souma makes the hardest decision of his life "No. I'll do it" 

Souma steps forward and gives his answer to Gaius "GAIUS!! I will exchange myself for Nomura's" 

When Gaius hears this, he can't contain his excitement "HAHAHA!!... I never thought you would say that. You still are weak like Albert. But before we do that..."

Gaius walks toward Alia and said something that makes Nomura bewildered 

"Alia?" 

"Yes, Your grace?" 

"EH?!" 

"Thank you for your service" 

A sword pierce through Alia's chest and fatally wounded her. Everyone didn't expect Gaius to kill his own agent. Seeing Alia gets stabbed makes Nomura freeze still. The woman that he loved was betrayed by her so-called 'righteous king and ruler'. Souma and the others can't believe what just happened in front of them.