CHAPTER IV: DELICIOUS PLAN

It's been a few weeks since the introduction ceremony

It's been a few weeks since the introduction ceremony. Souma will conduct a meeting with his new advisors. Nomura and Alia were also present in the room. They discuss several things about the survival of the kingdom and its dire situation with looming danger from the demon's domain. The meeting begins with each of them exchanging a pleasantry with Souma. Not to mention Tomoe being adopted by King Albert makes Tomoe Liscia's little sister. Alia even wants Tomoe for herself.

Souma explains Poncho's survey throughout the nations for local delicacies with the purpose to introduce the people to alternative sources of food. Poncho makes a trip for 2 weeks for learning and memorizes every cuisine that he can learn. During this meeting, some of the advisors also shared their local cuisines. Also, Nomura shared some of his recipes for simple meals. Souma decides to make a demonstration to the people using the broadcast device to communicate with the people.

Basically, it is a cooking show.

Everyone in the castle is present at the castle canteen. With all of the girls being the taster, Hakuya and Nomura organize the staff and tools while Poncho prepares the ingredients. Poncho and Juna present as the host of the show. Poncho feels so groggy makes Nomura thinks that Poncho will piss his pants straight away. To kick start the show, Souma makes an appearance.

"Greetings, everyone. I'm Soma Kazuya. The temporary king". Souma caught up with the speech and his usual manner "First of all I would like to address the situation going on".

Souma told his people about the food shortages in the kingdom and its agricultural disaster for the kingdom. In his explanation, his emotion is very sympathetic to the people's well-being. Even tell about the merchants that charge too high on their products and the royal family that overlooked the situation. The people were pretty saddened about the situation that they felt a King finally understand their situation.

"Because of this, I am truly responsible for the problem and offer my deepest apologies". Souma being bowed to the people and offering apologies sends a shockwave through the kingdom. Many just never thought a King will bow to his people.

Nomura saw Alia walk towards Souma and grab her shoulder "What are you doing?"

"I want him to stop this. It can't be right". Alia can't take a look at Souma that asking apology from the people.

Nomura sighed "Wow...hold your horse. Look. It's in both our cultures that the leader of the country has to be responsible for everything that happens in the country. What Souma did is an example of that and I'm sure that his apology is his sincere reaction. Even it's not his fault".

Alia clenches her teeth but was in disbelief that a leader could act in this regard. Eventually, she step down and listen to Nomura. "I would have done the same thing". Nomura adds that makes Alia can't believe what just she heard.

Souma takes it further by telling about the option for food imports and explaining other matters that shouldn't have to be known by the people. Even it makes Poncho sort of panic that it's fine to tell the people. But Souma felt that it was necessary to tell the people of his policy and judge them.