CHAPTER V: LESSON IN LOYALTY

It's been a few weeks since the king's brunch program

It's been a few weeks since the king's brunch program. Souma and Nomura work endlessly to prepare the plan. Hakuya saw to this and advised them with a forceful look that Souma and Nomura need to take days off from time to time. Both of them decide to separate. Souma headed to the courtyard while Nomura headed to his newly made chancellor's office. Nomura met Alia and was already waiting.

"They here?" Alia nodded and both of them came into the room when there were 4 people waiting for them.

"My apologies ladies and gentlemen" 4 people raise from their seats and gave salutes. Nomura permits them to take a seat again.

"Thank you for coming. Maybe we should wait for-" Suddenly someone knocking the door "Come in". It is none other than Rudovin.

"Good morning, my lord"

"Good morning, Rudovin. Please, take a seat" Rudovin seat near Nomura and began the meeting.

"I would like to introduce you to my trusted allies. These commanders recently being dismissed by the three dukes from their respective branches. Although, the reason is possibly the dissatisfaction from corrupt nobles". Rudovin introduces them from each service branch and their noble house.

From the army is Hartman Baden. The House of Baden has served the army the longest than any other noble house in the kingdom. Their generation was made of high-quality officers and descendants of warrior Detlev Baden.

From the navy is Zaya Mountbatten. The House of Mountbatten is the first person from the kingdom who roam the sea that found Nine-Head Dragon Archipelago. Lord Carwell Mountbatten has been known by Duke Wolter Excel's family for generations. Even though both of them are of different races, they will stay side-by-side to explore the deep blue.

From the airforce is Dalax Alcudia. The House of Alcudia is one of the founders of the royal airforce with the House of Vargas. Lord Flayre Alcudia. remain the best air tactician for the kingdom. Even Castor Vargas praises Lord Flayre's leadership and tactic.

Lastly, the king's guard is Tuilë Dayne. The House of Dayne is still the toughest warrior in the kingdom and the whole country recognize their ability to fight. The descendant of Harold Dayne has fought with the previous king of Elfriden King Albert known as Lord Harold has fought with his family in many wars.

"Thanks, Rudovin" while Rudovin seats Alia hands these commanders their papers. All of them are quite shocked by the writing in that papers and they see each other as confused yet surprised.

"Many of you are questioning the purpose of this meeting" Nomura exhaled a bit "In shorts, I need your leadership and skills to help me reform our armed forces completely"

To their ears, this is something they never heard before. To their knowledge, reforming the armed forces means that they will change the military tradition. They found Nomura's proposal beyond a believable dream. Because this proposal will be utterly rejected by the entire military leadership.