CHAPTER XVII: SECRET KNOWLEDGE

A dim light illuminates the medium size bedroom

A dim light illuminates the medium size bedroom. The room is neither elegant nor luxurious in the design sense. However, it serves the purpose to house someone who needs to be invisible, not wanting to know of the existence of the occupant to the world. Either the occupant is a high-profile person or a most wanted criminal. 

This is the first time the 2 nobles from the opposing side have a conversation in secrecy. Elfriden king left a lasting impression on Amidonian princesses. But she expresses a surprised expression on Elfriden Grand Duke, for how he can recognize and trace the princess's location and her entire merchant network, even her alias, characteristics, and connections. The man sitting in front of her while being served a drink from Sebastian, owner of the shop and Princess Roroa's accomplice. Then, she proceeds carefully.

"To think that your ability to uncover my identity and trace my network. The king of Elfriden must be a cautious man" Roroa said

"[Sipping]...The king doesn't have knowledge of this meeting or his prime minister or anyone in his inner circle. It's from my intelligence alone" Nomura said

"You're quite a shrewd man, Sir Grand Duke [sipping]" 

"Haha...Many people get that impression of me. You on the other hand are quite a character..."

Roroa seems uncomfortable by Nomura's statement "I'm sorry...What do you mean by that?" 

"...Since your brother took power...he establish your father's tyrannical rule, again. Destroy everything that was permitted under our occupation. Later on, I hear whispers saying that some people planned an armed insurrection if the new king abused his power, which he did by the way...However, I don't think that any of Amidonian can carry out this insurrection without instigator...maybe you can explain it from that part" 

"Are you saying that I provoked my own people to rebel against my brother?" 

"[sipping] I don't know, do you?" 

Roroa shivers from Nomura's stare and thinks of how she will respond carefully. Roroa is aware from her connection that some people have been feeding propaganda to the people but she didn't manage to uncover the group's identity. She thinks that it was the work of the Elfriden king. Even though it's helpful but she still wonders who did it.