𝐶ℎ𝑝.17: 𝙍𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙚 666

Bismarck, Kentucky Gas Station

Bismarck, Kentucky
Gas Station

Dean was on his phone, the kids were in the car while I was with Sam looking at a map when I felt my cell buzz making me pull it out to see I got a voicemail from Cassie. I walked away from Sam and put the phone to my ear:

"Hey Dani, it's me. Cassie. Look, I know I stopped talking to you after what Dean told me but I really need your help. Both of your help. Last night, my dad died and I-I think it has something to do with what you and Dean do for a living. Call me when you get this or just come to me."

I pulled the phone from my ear and looked up at Dean to see he still had his phone to his ear.

"Hey. Um, who was that?" I asked as I walked up to Dean whom pulled his phone from his ear and looked at me.

"It was...Cassie." Dean stated, looking away from me as soon as he said her name.

"Okay, I think I found a way we can bypass that construction just east of here." We heard Sam say.

"She left me a voicemail." I told him making him look back at me.
"Look, I know you guys dated and it ended badly. But she's my friend and I just hope seeing her again won't makes things awkward between us." I added before walking back to Sam.

"We might even make Pennsylvania faster than we thought." Sam said, closing up the map.

"Yeah." Dean replied.
"Problem is we're not going to Pennsylvania." He added.

"Wait-what?" Sam asked, confused.

"I just got a call from an old friend. Her father was killed last night. She thinks it might be our kind of thing." Dean informed Sam.

"What?" Sam asked, even more confused.

"Yeah, believe me, she never would've called, never, if she didn't need us." Dean told him.
"I'm surprised she called me and not Elle, considering those two are besties." He added.

"You know her too?" Sam asked me.

"Yeah." I replied, getting in the back.

"Come on. You coming or what?" Dean ushered Sam, who stared at him for second before getting in the passenger. Dean started the car and drove away.

Sam was asking us questions as we drove to Cassie's destination.

"By "old friend" you mean..." Sam trailed off.

"A friend that's not new." Dean vaguely stated.

"Yeah, thanks." Sam scoffed.
"So, her name's Cassie, huh? You've never mentioned her. Either of you." He added.

"Didn't I?" Dean rhetorically asked.

"No." Sam replied.

"Actually, I have. Cassie is she who shall not be named." I told Sam.