Chapter seventeen

Tamel looked at the safe that was under King’s desk. Tamel knew the only place that would have the code would be the owner of the office. King wouldn’t have trusted the combination to one of his lackeys.

Tamel thought of combinations he could use but didn’t know what kind of traps the safe had so he left it alone. He got up off King’s leather swivel executive chair and looked around the office. It was in no shape or form like the office he had in Brooklyn. This was a true study.

Tamel took a step back just to admire the time and effort the elegant kingpin took in making this room look specular. Tamel needed to get on this level. He only knew Lady Gayle to have this sort of luxury. Now he wanted this more than ever now.

Tamel didn’t want to be the common thug drug dealer any more. He wanted what every drug dealer on the corner wanted. He wanted to reach the same goal as every corner boy did in every book he ever read or movie he ever saw. He wanted to be a kingpin. Tamel walked out of King’s study with that thought in mind.

All of this fuss was because this King guy was trying to hid his family from dangerous people. It turned out that all that secrecy and all the deception blow up in King’s face in the end. King had to step out of his comfort zone and thereby exposing himself more. In the end what King feared most came true. Family made him weak and vulnerable. That was the only reason Tamel was in King’s house and King was now on the run with a bullet in his leg. King’s once luxurious mini-mansion had become the site of a small war zone and was now being taken over by common thugs.

Tamel walked in the living room where two dreadlocked gunman was pulling a bloody Boss Lincoln towards a white plush sofa. As soon as Lincoln’s body touched the sofa, the cushion turned crimson red underneath him. Lincoln grimaced in pain as the two men placed him down.

Tamel looked at the man he recognized from the computer screen when Wiz hacked into the estate’s camera feed. Tamel leaned in as one of the dreads looked over Lincoln’s wound.

“He was outside bloodied up,” Bloody said walking in the living room.

Tamel looked at Lincoln. “Looks like he caught the bad end of the bullet.”

“No dead yet,” the dread that examined Lincoln said. “Patch up.”

Tamel nodded. Maybe this guy could give him some information.

“Let me go!” Tamel heard and turned his head to the doorway as two more dreaded henchmen came in holding a lady between him.

“Carmel,” Tamel smiled.

Carmel looked on in disbelief. “Drama.”

“Let her go,” Tamel ordered.

Carmel snatched her arms away from the men as they release their grips.

“What the fuck is going on?” Carmel asked then looked at the couch. “What have you done to Boss?”

Carmel ran and kneeled down beside the couch to look at Lincoln who looked like he was in a world of pain.

“You know this nigga?” Tamel asked. “Is he the one you sold us out for?”

Carmel ignored Tamel’s question and held Lincoln’s right hand. Lincoln made another grimace sound of pain but his eyes was closed.

“I asked you a question,” Tamel said grabbing Carmel’s arm and snatching her up off the floor.

He tossed her to the wall and pointed his gun at her.