Chapter five

Tamel wanted to check out what he had just learned about Murda Mami being there when the robbery happened. He wanted some more answers and since he still didn't know who the third person was, he had to rely on Murda Mami giving some real answers.

Unfortunately, he would have to wait for that because he had a meeting with someone very important. Tamel exchanged his usual attire of long white t-shirt, jersey and timberlands for a nice Polo shirt and slacks with loafers. He was about to meet his contact and she wanted no type of hoodlum shit around her. You dressed like you meeting a lady because that's exactly what she was.

Lady Gayle was the second most powerful woman in the drug game this side of the East Coast besides Envy Tenders. Lady Gayle was a true site to behold as well. She had the body of a model and honey tanned skin that made every outfit she wore look even more elegant. She stood at 5'7 but wear high heels and her firm statue made her look like a giant amongst men. Her hard brown eyes mixed with her curled smile made most men intimidated to be in her presence. She was a true sight to behold and a dangerous force to be reckoned with.

Tamel knew Lady Gayle didn't make chance meetings so if he was summoned, it was for a reason.

Tamel had gotten used to driving himself around. For years, he had been reluctant to always be a passenger and grew quite fond of the idea. It made him feel like a true boss to be driven around but now operating his own vehicle was making him feel the same way.

Tamel didn't bring out the fancy vehicles that he had in his lot but the simple all black Chevy Impala. He liked the sedan because it ran smooth, looked fly enough without growing any haters or suspicious looks and attention. Tamel had his favorite CD in, Rick Ross' Port of Miami. He had it on Track number 14, playing his anthem 'It's My Time'. Tamel eased back in the comfortable car seat and let the music take him as he cruised to his destination.

A lot of stuff had transpired during these last months. It was like that famous line from another one of Tamel's favorite rap artist, 'It was all good just a week ago.' Tamel knew maybe it had been longer than a week since things were good but he knew his good fortune would be coming back around soon enough. The club was a big loss and Kaeron's escape from death was a damn near tragedy in his eyes. The robbery of his club really did him in but the betrayal of his former workers was the ultimate bombshell. It was like Tamel could trust nobody now. The police was out for his blood and his luck couldn't hold up forever with this type of heat on him.

Tamel had to start maneuvering through different blocks to make sure he wasn't being followed. He had the cops and a rival drug family on his back. The sad part was that those two things intertwined. Tamel knew the Street had cops on payroll and he heard a rumor that some of the members were cops themselves. Now while Tamel had high priced lawyers and maybe a few police officers under his belt, it wasn't enough if the Street really had that much arsenal on their team.

Tamel knew that this chance meeting had a lot to do with what had been going on this past weeks. Lady Gayle has given Tamel some prudent information. Information that have proved deadly in the wrong hands but an opportunity in the right one.

Lady Gayle had set up a chain of events that Tamel was supposed to follow and did to a certain extent. Like her predecessor, Lady Gayle was a keen on details and strategy. She made it her job to always have a flow of information coming to her. That was how she got to be at the state of power she was at now. Lady Gayle's rise to power would be a novel all in itself if someone ever had the courage to write it. Tamel knew very little of Lady Gayle's past but he knew enough to know she wasn't to be messed or played with.