epilogue

King woke up with leg bandaged and hearing voice. One was definitely a female and the other he was sure was one of his head lieutenants.

King grunted as he tried to move from where he was. It looked like a room but nothing was in it but the makeshift bed he was in which consist of a worn down mattress and a piss covered sheet.

King looked to where he heard the voices and they were coming from behind a red colored door that was at the far end of the corner. King's mouth felt dry and he felt itchy. He started to scratch. He felt dirty.

The voices were coming in clearer. He still couldn't recognize the female but the male's deep baritone voice he knew as Monster. He wondered why Monster would set him up in one of these places. King thought maybe this was a safe house.

"Hello," King said and it came out raspy and dry like a squeak.

King spoke again but wondered why it was hurting him to move. The voices behind the subsided then he heard the female say, "He's awake."

King's mouth felt like paste. He needed water. The door opened and in stepped the female who was dressed in a nice blouse outfit with jeans and high heels. She looked elegant as well as beautiful but the face she made when she saw King was anything but pleasant.

Monster came behind her dressed in his garb with his arms folded. He looked beat and discouraged.

"I see the sleeping King has awaken," the female said with a scowl on her face.

"Monster, what is going on?" King was puzzled why the female was talking and not Monster.

Monster just shook his head.

"I guess now you can't even address me," the female said disgusted.

"Who are you and what is going on?" King said, smacking his lips because of the paste feeling. "Where am I?"

"Easy questions, the last two are," the lady said with a smile then back to her original scowl. "Where are you? You're in a former shooting gallery palace. You know, a dope house. You may have never been in one actually but you sent a lot of people here. I thought it would be fitting for you to see how the other half of your spectrum lives. As far as the other part of your question, what's going on is that your empire is shutting down. You see after one of my main guys, I hate to admit, raided your house, he got into all your files. I don't understand how a man is smart as you claim to be kept all that valuable information at one place is beyond me. I'm truly baffled. And if you wondering how I was able to attain this information was because the so called individual called me. Even used one of my best computer whizzes. Can't say I'm shocked, a little bewildered he took it as far as he did but hey things happen for a reason. That leads us to your first question."

"You're not making any sense," King grunted. "Monster, help me up. Get me out of here."

"Leads us to your first question, who am I?" the female continued like she was never interrupted. "I'm Lady Gayle."

King stop fidgeting and paid attention when he heard the name.

The female smiled knowing she got his attention. "But you may know me as another name, Nicole Dunn."

King's eyes turned big as saucers. "You...you're the one that..."

"Yes, the one that you abandoned to save your worthless empire," Lady Gayle spat phlegm. "Had me pretend that your son was the father of his own sister."