Chapter Twenty

Train placed Charmaine safely in the backseat of the car. He looked around the neighborhood. It was still quiet. It was still too early in the day but that would change soon.

Train closed the back seat door and was about to walk over to the driver's side when a thought hit him. Train still had a promise to keep.

He looked up the block both ways one more time then headed back to Knight's house. The front door was still unlocked so Train walked right back in. He went towards Knight's bedroom.

Train stopped at the door frame when he saw Knight on his stomach. Train shot him in the chest and he fell on his back. Knight somehow had turned himself over which meant somehow he wasn't a hundred percent dead.

Train walked over to him. "Hey, buddy."

Train kicked Knight over on his side. Blood was leaking from gun wound in Knight's chest but his eyes were half open and he was breathing slightly. Eventually he would bleed out but he still had enough time to try to call for help if Train hadn't shown back up.

Train looked at the wound. He realized his mistake.

"I'm losing my touch," Train said and kneeled down on one knee in front of Knight. "That girl got me spooked."

He pulled out his gun from his back waistline and pressed his weapon inside the wound making Knight make a noise. "You see I shot you here."

Train moved his gun to the upper part of his torso inches from where he originally shot Knight at. "When I should have shot you here."

"Fu...fuck you," Knight said almost in a soft whisper.

"You know I'm sort of glad I didn't fully kill you," Train smiled. "We still has some unfinished business. Now bear with me because you're going to black out again in a few minutes. But that won't matter because this time I'm aiming for your head like a zombie. And trust me if a bullet in the head can work for a zombie, it can work for a fat racist piece of shit cop like you are, Detective."

Knight's breathing was getting lighter and his eyelids were fluttering. He was trying to say something but the words were coming out faint. Knight tried to move his arms but couldn't lift them.

"See this is why it don't pay to be a piece of shit cop that isn't BFF with a StairMaster but Instagram buddies with Baskin and Robbins," Train said. "You used all your energy rolling your big ass on your stomach I suppose to crawl. Unfortunately you're bleeding too rapidly and your weight can't support your movements since now your body is running out of oxygen. I'm going to get off of thug mode for a minute and tell you a fun fact. See your blood is what carries oxygen to all parts of the body including your slow ass brain. Hence, if you're leaking over the floor, no oxygen is traveling. I can get in the logistics with you but then I'm no Doctor OZ. I'm just the last nigga you're going to see that's going to kill you but I wanted you to know that Charmaine is really sorry about your wife. I just hope she can pass you some ice water from heaven because where you're going, you're going to be roasting for some time now. They're probably going to put a stake in your ass and have you spinning around a fire like a rotisserie chicken or pig that you are."

"Yo...You..." Knight was trying to get some words to come out.

"Please, let's not ruin this moment by talking," Train said putting his index finger on Knight's top lip. "I still owe you a promise...I sort of made to myself. That's why I really came back. So unfortunately for you I'm that one nigga that actually keeps promise, even the ones in my head."