Chapter seven

“Too bad all legends must die,” Tamel thought that would be the last words he heard as he heard a trigger being pulled.

Blam!

Tamel didn’t notice he had closed his eyes until his eyelids shot back up after the gunshot. He turned around just in time to see the person that was behind him hit the wall with a thud. Then another gunshot was heard and the body dropped to the floor.

Tamel looked to his left and saw one of his workers and closest asset, Blitz. Blitz’s gun was still smoking as he looked at Tamel with a look of confusion and concern which was hard with a face like his.

“Did I interrupt something?” Blitz’s raspy voice filled the room.

Tamel looked at the guy that was now laid out on the floor against the wall. The former gunman looked familiar but Tamel couldn’t place his face.

“How did you find me?” Tamel asked even though he had never been happier to see the former college linebacker that joined his organization after his knee busted.

Blitz had known Tamel since his school days when Tamel actually went to school and was on the road to academics instead of hustling. When Tamel’s mother died, Tamel took a different road but Reginald Ernest later to be known as Blitz because of his hard defense continued his education even getting accepted into college on a football scholarship. When Blitz got injured and couldn’t play his sophomore year of college, it all went downhill for the 6’5, 270 pound dark skin brute with the bad five o’clock shadow and heavy hands. He went into depression, dropped out of college, and even started using drugs. When Blitz came back to the neighborhood from his fall from grace, Tamel took him under the wing and got him cleaned up. By that time Tamel was heavy in the game and was able to put Blitz to work fast making him his ultimate enforcer and the money picker upper. Tamel eventually gave Blitz his own crew to run and Blitz has been Tamel’s left hand every since.

“You called me, remember?” Blitz replied. “Told me you couldn’t get in contact with Train or Carmel and you were heading here. You told me to look out for them so I can inform them. I put the word out but no response so I came instead. Lucky I did. But who’s the stiff?” Blitz pointed to the guy he just put two shots into.

“Don’t know,” Tamel said. “I came to see Murda and dude caught me slipping. He did confess to being the other guy that robbed my strip spot. Wish you didn’t finish him off. I had questions.”

“In this game, we don’t got time for questions, just enough time to make sure shit is done,” Blitz said looking at the dead gunman for one more second then back at Tamel. “You taught me that.”

“True,” Tamel said picking up his 9mm that he dropped on the floor.

“Well, the cops will be the one asking questions, let’s bounce,” Blitz said already disappearing back to the front door that he just came from.

Tamel followed suit ducking his head as he ran through the main hallway and took the stairs instead of the elevator. Blitz was a big guy but he still had a little speed in him, not as much as he once had before the injury.

Blitz made it to the main lobby of the building with Tamel on his heels. With both of their guns tucked deep and hidden on their persons, they exited the building. Tamel told Blitz where his vehicle was and Blitz followed him to his ride. Blitz stated he would go get his red Denali he parked a few blocks away and follow Tamel somewhere where they can talk. Tamel agreed and Blitz went off to get his truck. Tamel walked up to the teenagers still sitting on the block.