Chapter three

Detective Street looked at Kaeron who was still on the same bed now scratching and muttering to himself. Street looked at his brother, Larenz, and gestured with his head for Larenz to follow him. Street walked out of the room with Larenz in tow. Street closed the door behind Larenz.

“Why the fuck is that man still here?” Street asked.

“Intel,” Larenz said.

“You told me yourself the nigga don’t know much about Drama’s operations except a couple of fronts,” Street said. “Why is he still here? What else does he have to offer?”

“A lot,” Larenz said. “You don’t see the big picture.”

“No, you don’t see the big picture,” Street replied. “You really are fucking up.”

“What?” Larenz looked at his brother, shocked by those words.

“I asked you to get rid of two guys and you couldn’t do it,” Street said. “That motherfucker you called Rock is at the hospital right now. Apparently he managed to crawl from the hole you supposed to have left him at, carved a message for us, and managed to get into a car accident in the middle of a damn street. He’s sedated at some hospital somewhere with massive blood loss but I don’t know where. It just came on the wire. They identified the man because his damn license was still on him. He was hurt pretty bad because of the accident but he was already losing massive blood due to the gunshots that should have killed him but didn’t. I’m trying to find out what hospital but I’m pretty sure someone downtown knows that this Rock fellow is connected to Drama. If that’s so, they’re going to sew him up tight. I know that nigga is getting top surgery and stitching and if he survives, he implements us. He has the power to take two kingpins down. He knows my name. He is beyond a threat.”

Larenz said nothing.

“Not only that he knows we have this motherfucker with us,” Street pointed at the door for a second. “So all in all, that means you fucked up.”

“What about the person he killed?” That was all Larenz  could  come up with.

“Those brasses won’t care about some homeless junkie,” Street said irritated. “They will practically give that asshole immunity to get Drama and the bonus another crime family that is operating right under their noses.”

Larenz was now really stuck for words. He did mess up. He messed up real bad. He not only didn’t kill Rock but made it easy for the cops to identify him. Larenz wasn’t thinking. He knew better than that and now he felt like an idiot in front of his brother.

“What are we going to do?” Larenz asked.

“Oh, now that smugness is coming out of your voice,” Street scowled. “Good because your fuck up is about to cause this whole shit to come down. Lucky, your big brothers are on the case. Junior is going to try to be his lawyer to keep that asshole quiet in the meantime. He won’t be using the name Street but his other alias. I have to try to find that hospital and fast. With that brat bitch disappearing without a trace, they are going to play this close to the heart so a repeat incident won’t happen. My guess is they will close down that whole ward and send in special agents to guard him.”

Larenz just nodded.

“But I warn you now,” Street said. “If that asshole does make it and believe me they will do everything they can to make sure he does, he will come after you first. You shot him. He would rather see you put away or dead faster than his former employer now. You saw what he wrote. It’s all about us and that means all of us.”