Chapter six

Train still had his gun aimed at the hit man.

“I…need a doctor,” the man was pleading. His left hand was now stained with blood as he applied that hand to keep pressure to his chest. His right arm was still immobile.

“I don’t know any that makes on the corner calls,” Train said.

The man’s breathing was becoming more rapid. He was getting dizzy from blood lost. “I…I’m a cop. You can’t…kill me. And you can’t…let me die.”

“You’re tried to kill me,” Train said hearing sirens coming. “Look all I want to know is who sent you?”

“I’m…losing blood,” the man was losing conscious. He just hoped he could stall long enough for the cops to show up and save his ass. He knew taking this side gig was going to be hard but he didn’t know this ruthless thug would get the upper hand.

“You’re not giving me names,” Train said. “You’re giving me quotes. This ain’t acting class. Here, let me help you.”

Train walked over and stepped on the man’s left hand that was over his chest and pressed down. The assailant bellowed in pain.

“I keep doing this, I will stop your heart,” Train warned. “Give me a name or you’re be another so-called cop who died off duty. With all the cases of police brutality and corruption, the city would be glad to get rid of one less cop. Especially one hired to kill black men. Now tell me a name or die like the pig you are in the streets where nobody knows ya name.”

“Street,” the man finally confessed. “Street.”

“Street sent you,” Train said and took his feet off of the gunman’s chest.

“Yes,” the man said.

“Good, so you can greet him when you see him in hell next,” Train said and pulled the trigger.

Train looked around and saw the whole block was empty. But he knew that wasn’t the case. The streets were watching and it sees everything.

Train dropped his gun on the ground as the first patrol car pulled up. He put his hands up. He saw the police officers come out of their vehicles and tell him to put his hands on his head and to get on the ground.

Train complied and looked at the man he just shot. If the man was a cop, the officers didn’t know him right away that’s why they didn’t come at Train guns blazing. The officers quickly handcuffed Train and had him in the squad car before more patrol cars showed up with the ambulance.

Train knew the procedure. He wasn’t stupid. But he also knew he was in deep shit this time. Train leaned back in the back of the squad car.

If the guy was a cop, he knew it wasn’t going to be an easy ride this time. He already was in suspicion of a kidnapping, other murders and now a cop shooting. The only thing that saved him but also damned him was that no one would ever come and say what happened. It was his word against a corrupt so called cop. Usually the favor would tip on the crooked cop’s side but Train had been in enough police stations to know how things work. The quicker he got away from the scene, the quicker he could start making moves.

The first officers on site had to do the main work. They had to detain the culprit, guard the evidence against damage and contamination, and wait for the Crime Scene Investigator to show up to make sure everything intact. Then the detectives come. Train would be in the back of the car for a minute. He just hoped he didn’t get a punk ass detective that already had it in for him because he might not even make it to the police station.