•Part seventeen

Angelina, Cora, Pearl, Amy and you were all walking outside of the castle to get to Care of Magical Creatures when you felt eyes on the back of your head. When you looked behind you, there was nothing.

Strange.

"Are you alright, Mars?" Pearl asked. "You seem.. I don't know, unfocused?"

"Yeah I'm alright." You lied. "Actually, I don't know."

"What's wrong, love?" Angelina asked you.

"Stuff." You said, not wanting to tell any of them the real reason.

"Are you sure?" Cora asked you as everyone approached the forest, your eyes locked with Fred's upset eyes and the girls noticed. "Is it Fred?"

"No. We are completely fine." You lied and walked over to where everyone was standing, breaking the eye contact with him.

Hagrid was standing away from everyone with some sort of creature, it looked like a bird, maybe an eagle. It was so big thought and also looked a little bit like a horse with its legs.

"Now that everybody is here, I want to introduce you kids to someone." Hagrid started. "This is Buckbeak, a Hippogriff. The best behaved Hippogriff that I have ever known. Today we are going to be learning about him and his species, open your textbooks please."

Everyone got out their textbooks from their bags, it was some sort of spider looking book. Your mother taught you and Tyler how to open the book because it was different to others, you stroke the spine. You done that and it opened for you, you also noticed that it done the same for Tyler's book.

"Perfect, Miss Jackson and mister Jackson!" Hagrid shouted. "Help some other students, please."

"Here, let me help." You said to Cora and guided her to open it, which she managed to do.

You helped a few of your friends and so did Tyler before everyone in the class had opened their own books after being helped or leading to themselves. It was now time for Hagrid to start teaching about Hippogriffs.

•••

The end of class had approached and Hagrid had stopped teaching by now, there was still some time left though. He had an idea.

"Any volunteers to take Buckbeak for a fly?" Hagrid questioned to the entire class.

Everyone took a step back, including you, which meant that they did not fancy it. Well, everybody other than one person.

Fred didn't realise that everybody had stepped back, so he was still standing there.

"Perfect, mister Weasley please come over here. Slowly though." Hagrid smiled and Fred immediately looked around, seeing everyone behind him.

Fred slowly and nervously stared to approach Hagrid and Buckbeak. He followed what Hagrid was saying the entire time until he got to the Hippogriff, he then bowed in front of him and Hagrid told Fred to now try and get on Buckbeak.

It was funny to see Fred this nervous and confused, you just thought it was quite funny. That was before Fred got kicked down on the ground by Buckbeak, Fred groaned in so much pain straight away.

Buckbeak but Fred right in the stomach with his foot, then again in the arm. Hagrid immediately rushed over, Buckbeak not doing anything to him, and he helped Fred up. He was supporting his weight as Fred could barely stand up properly.

"Holy shit." Amy cursed. "Is he alright?"

"Someone help me get him to the hospital wing, class dismissed!" Hagrid demanded.

"Go help your boyfriend!" Cora said and pushed your forwards slightly. "Come on, Mars, he needs your help right now."

Right, boyfriend.

"Fine." You sighed and walked over to where Hagrid was basically carrying Fred away. "Need some help?"

"Ah, yes please, Mars!" Hagrid exclaimed. "Put your arm around his waist and try to help me carry him, please."

You done what Hagrid asked you to do and helped carry Fred all the way to the hospital wing. Hagrid and you got him in a bed before Madam Pomfrey came over to ask what had happened.

She then went over to where Fred's bed was, attending his needs quickly.

It took a while, but you stayed to know if Fred was alright. You still cared.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" You asked Fred after he woke up.

"Like shit. How come you are here, you hate me?" Fred wondered and tried to sit up but couldn't because of the pain so he laid down again.

"Just because I'm mad at you right now doesn't mean I would leave you here, all alone, and it doesn't mean that I don't care." You said. "Pomfrey said there are some pain killers if you need some."

"That would be nice, thank you." Fred said.

"I'll go grab some." You said and got out of the chair next to Fred's bed.

You walked over to where Madam Pomfrey was at her desk and asked for some pain killers for Fred. She now knew that Fred was awake and got up, with the pain killers, and walked over to his bed with you.

"You can leave now, dear, go and get some food." Madam Pomfrey told you with a nice smile on her face. "It's time for dinner."

"I will, thank you, Madam Pomfrey." You smiled back at her and grabbed your bag.

"Mars." Fred said to get your attention. "Thank you."

"Your welcome. I hope you feel better soon." You said to Fred and left the hospital wing to head down to the great hall.

When you got there, you noticed that none of your friends were there and only Tyler, Lee and George were there so you walked over to them.

"Have any of you seen any of the girls?" You asked and sat down next to Tyler, the only free seat.

"No, sorry." Lee said. "How is Fred?"

"He's alright, I think. He says that he's in some pain, and he also managed to break a rip and his wrist as well." You sighed.

"Holy shit." Tyler cursed. "That's a lot."

"Are we allowed to go and see him?" George asked you, conceded for his twin brother.

"After dinner you can." You told him. "I'm going to skip dinner to try find the girls. Have fun, boys."

"You too." They said in unison.

Word count: 1042