The Freak

Y/N's P.O.V

—A year back, at Kiremman's house—

I entered Cait's room, without knocking. Like I always do. And just slammed my body on her bed while she watched me from her desk. -"Ian's been hard on you today again?" She chuckled. -"Uhhh, you have no idea. That man has so much energy. I wish he could borrow me some." I said staring at the celling. -"Well if you want to relax we can go shooting for a while." She said. -"That's a relaxation for you. I always just get pissed because I can't beat you. Plus the sun's setting it'll be dark soon." I replied. She nodded. -"But actually." I sat up. -"There is one think we could do." I smired at her. She looked at me confused. -"I'm not fucking with you." She said. -"What?! No! That's not what I meant! Since when do you talk like this?" I chuckled. -"What can I say? Guess you're a bad influence." She replied also letting out a slight chuckle.

-"Pff, I don't believe that for a second." I replied standing up. -"Anyways. Let's go relax." I told her. -"I can't. I have to finish this research, my mom's orders." She said. -"Girl, you do know there's an unguarded window in your room, right?" I very obviously pointed out the window. -"What were you just saying about not being a bad influence?" She smiled and got up. -"Hmm, can't recal. Sorry." I said and openned the window. -"Just, where are we going?" She asked me. -"That is a surprise. Surprising, right?" I smiled at her while helping her climb out the window. -"Yup, very." She said and dropped down. I followed soon after.

—Few minutes later, "suprisingly" on a roof—

-"This just keeps getting better and better." Cait said resting her hands on her hips. -"Well, you're the one that offered to relax with me." I said. -"You know there are more ways to relax than putting your life at risk?" She said. -"You know who says that? People who don't relax properly." I replied streching myself a bit. -"Ready?" I turned to Cait. -"No." She replied. -"Good." I said and grabbed her hand, running ahead. We jumped and climbed across various kinds of building. Sure here and there I had to wait for Cait but she cought up eventually. Soon it got dark, luckily we were almost at where I wanted to go.

One big jump remaining, I sprinted foward and jumped across the gap. As I landed I rolled and turned back to Cait. She stopped upon seeing the gap. -"Y/N, I can't jump this!" She said looking at me. -"Of course you can!" I told her. -"No, I'll get myself killed." She said looking down from the roof, it was really high up. Hmm, let's try Vi's method on this. I looked at Cait. -"Cait, look at me. What did I ask you before we started?" I said. -"If I'm ready?" She replied not really getting where this is going. -"And what did you tell me?" I asked. -"I told you, no! Y/N, how is this suppose to calm me down?" She raised her voice. -"Really, you sure you said no? Hmm, yeah I guess you did. Well time to prove yourself wrong!" I told her and she shook her head on me. -"If I jump over there in one piece I'm slapping you." She said backing up. -"Deal." I chuckled.

Soon she started running towards the gap and jumped. I crossed my fingers in anticiption. She managed to make it on the roof's edge and gave me a smile. I wanted to congratulate her but then I heard a crack. Small piece of the edge behind Cait broke and she started falling down. -"Cait!" I yelled and jumped towards her, catching her hand. I used both of my hands and pulled her up a bit before she cought the ledge, from there she safely climbed back up. I helped her stand up. -"Fuck, you okay? I'm sorry." I layed my hand on her shoulder, both breathing heavily.

Suddenly her palm hit my cheek in a great speed. It turned my head slightly to the side. -"Yeah, I guess I deserved that." I told her and she slapped me with the other hand. -"Okay, that too." I said turning back to her. -"Never make me do that again!" She yelled pointing her finger in my face. -"I'm sorry, I won't." I apologized. -"Why are we even here?" She asked. -"Because of that." I pointed to the sky. It was dark, clouds covering all the stars. -"I'm not following. You can see that from your balcony aswell." Cait replied. -"Wait for it." I told her and layed down on the roof, patting a place next to me. And Cait took it, laying next to me.

I could hear the last airship leaving by Hexgate, it's bright blue light and sudden burst of energy removed the clouds, and all the stars could be finally seen. And even more. I heard Cait ghasp. -"Yup, it is a sight to see." I chuckled. -"How come I've never seen this before?" She asked. -"Because you never stop working, just like most of the people here. Sights like this don't find you, you gotta find them." I replied to her. -"Thank you for showing me." She said after few seconds. -"Sure thing." I put my arm under her head and we just watched the stars. Cait even tried pointing out some constellation but I couldn't see it. Even so, it was one of the best nights we ever had. I miss it...

—Present again, at the junkie pit—

-"Who are you?" I asked the junkie not lowering the rifle. -"I'm-I'm a friend. I want to help, don't shoot me, please!" He begged. I know this guy. I remember him from The Last Drop, he was always harmless. I gave the rifle back to Cait. -"H-How is she?" He asked reffering to Vi. -"She's bleeding out." I said while I lowered my head. -"She needs a doctor." Cait added. -"Well, i-it's not so easy to come by one, down here." He replied. -"Thought so..." I said. -"But, I know someone who can help." He added. -"Take us to them!" I said immidietly, that kinda startled him.

-"Follow me then." He said and started walking to the darkness. Both me and Cait quickly followed him. He led us to some kind of shack that had metal bars on it's window. He hit some chimmes gently and a big woman creature appeared in the window. -"Illment?" The woman asked. -"Um?" The junkie turned to us as he didn't know. -"She's been stabbed." Cait replied. I mean, we don't know that for sure. But what else could it be? The woman closed the window again. Guess she went to prepare the potion.

-"What is this place?" I asked the junkie. -"The woman here, she makes potions. Helps people with this. He pointed to the purple tumor on his head, but quickly covered it afterwards. -"Why would you take something that kills you?" Cait asked him. -"I just....wanted to feel like someone for a change....make other people afraid." He admmited. -"Why though? You were always the nice guy." I asked him. -"Well, playing nice only gets you so far here." He replied. The window openned soon after. -"Trade." The woman said. -"Trade? We have nothing to trade." I told the woman.

She looked down at my glove. I immidietly understood what she wants and looked at Cait. I slightly shook my head at her. I just can't do that.....but it's Vi's life on the line. The woman pulled the potion back towards herself. Seeing I don't really have an option here I went to take down my glove. It was in that moment that Cait slammed her rifle on the counter, pushing it towards the woman. The woman took the rifle and then took a small vial of Shimmer from her earring, adding a drop to the potion. Cait then took the potion and tried to thank the woman but she slammed the window shut. Yup, that's Undercity for you.

-"Thank you Cait." I said to her. -"No problem, you can buy me a new rifle when we get back." She smiled. -"Oh, I'll buy you the whole weaponnary." I replied. Cait then turned to the junkie. -"You should come with us. Vi will me happy to see a friendly face." She said. -"N-No! You go ahead, I don't want her to...see me like this. But please tell her I'm sorry, for everything." He replied. I couldn't help it and hugged him. -"Thank you." I said. He didn't reply but I know that meant something for him.

Immidietly afterwards me and Cait sprinted back to the building, to Vi. Cait closed the door. Vi was laying down, she looked really weak and was passed out already. -"Here, you should give it to her." Cait wanted to give me the potion. -"What? No, I'm not sure I'm the first person she would want to see when she wakes up." I told her. She just put the bottle into my hands. -"And I'm sure that's not true." She said. I took a deep breath and turned to Vi. -"Hey, this is probably gonna hurt a bit.....or a lot." I warned her even though she can't hear me. I then openned the potion and poured it into her mouth, making sure she swallows it.

Almost immidietly her eyes openned and she shot up, screaming. I cought her and layed her down again. -"It's okay! It's me, it's me." I put my hands on her cheeks and gently caressed them with my thumb. Finally she calmed down a bit and looked at me. -"Y/N....I'm sorry." Was the first thing she said. I just hugged her tightly, thanking whoever's up there it worked. -"I didn't mean to-" I interupted her. -"I know. I'm just glad you're okay. Now swear to me you're never gonna pull something so stupid ever again!" I said burrying my tearing up eyes into the crook of her neck. -"I swear." She did the same. Wish I could believe that, but that's just Vi for you.

So another chapter over, lemme know your thoughts!

Love, Nekdo <3