My Name is Jinx!

Y/N's P.O.V

Shit! This headache is awfully familiar. -"Caitlyn! Y/N!" I heard a distant voice. My eyes were hard to keep open but I managed. As I slowly stood up my glove fell from my arm, the explosion broke it, but it saved my life. -"Y/N!" Vi rushed to me and started checking me. -"I-I'm okay. Help Cait!" I managed to say over the ringing in my head. -"You sure?" She asked, helping me up. -"Just go." I replied trying to gather my thoughts. Vi went to Cait then. -"Caitlyn? Come on, lean on me." She said. Over the pain in her leg Cait got up with Vi's help.

I then heard soft humming. I turned my head towards it and saw Powder. She just casually walked to the box with the stone and took it. -"Powder? You did this?" I asked her carefully. -"You liked it? Was working hard on that one." She replied with smile. -"I'm sorry you had to see it up close. But I need this." She gently tapped the box. I can't allow her to take it.

Suddenly Ekko appeared behind us and with his hoverboard and headed towards Powder. She shoot a few rounds at him but he dodged. He swinged his weapon at her and took the box. Then he threw the box towards us but before he could get to us completely Powder shot his hoverboard and he went flying off the bridge. -"Ekko!" Vi yelled. I took the box laying at my feet and threw it to Cait. -"Go." I told them turning back to Powder. -"What?" Vi said shocked. -"Go!" I repeated, not facing them. It took them a few seconds but then I could hear them walking away. It's just me and Powder now...

-"You!" Powder pointed at me. -"You have survived three of my explosions now! I'm impressed!" She started clapping slowly. -"Powder please....it's me. Y/N. Open your eyes damnit!" I told her. -"Oh my eyes are wide open Topsider. You're with the Enforcers." She replied. -"Powder, I just want to help. I'm not with them, but not against them either. Come with me and we can convince them you won't do any harm to them anymore. We can live in peace." I extended my hand to her. She was quiet for a bit, but then she spoke. -"That arm still not for sale?" She asked. I pulled my hand back. -"No..." I replied. She pulled her gun out. -"Then I'll just have to take it." She said. -"I dare you to try, Powder." I got to my fighting stance.

I tried convincing her, but it looks like Ekko was right....she's too far gone. She chuckled. -"My name is Jinx!" She aimed her gun at me. -"I'll never call you that. You're not a jinx." I replied. -"Pff, let's just get this over with." She said. I waited for her to take the shot. Then all the emotions dissapeared from her face and she pulled the trigger. I expected the bullet and ducked, running to her. She fired another two shots. I went to the side and dodged one, the other scratched my shoulder a little. I didn't mind as I had to keep moving. I was close to her now but she managed to fire one more time. I jumped as the bullet was barely aimed at my stomach. Shortly before I landed I punched Powder hard. She then tried kicking me away but I cought her leg and kicked the other from underneath her. When she was on the ground I got on top of her and punched her, while with the other hand I put pressure on her throat.

My arm heated up and I got ready to deliver the final blow. But once I looked Powder in the eyes I couldn't do it. I saw the little girl I remember, all of Jinx was gone and she was just....scared. -"I....I can't." I removed my hand from her throat. She coughed before taking a breath. -"Powder, I'm sorry-" Before I finished I heard a clink next to us. She dropped a grenade. I stood up and kicked it away, in order to save both of us. Though the grenade exploded not shortly after it went flying. The force knocked me back. Like seriously? Again?! My back hit the railing of the bridge and my breath got knocked out. I only managed to open my eyes and see Powder, all blodied laying on the concrete lifelessly. Then the railing broke and I fell from the bridge into the water below.

I fully gathered my thoughts once I reached the shore on Piltover's side. Powder.... I clenched my fists and with the last strenght that I had I let out a scream of pure pain. After everything I still couldn't save her! I didn't know what to do now. And so I just headed for Cait's house, the first place I could think of. Crying my eyes out on the way. I really thought I could save her...