Chapter 5: King Osborn

Persephone's whimpering begins to cease with each delicate stroke I lay upon her strands of hair. I leave a lasting kiss on her head before falling back asleep myself, the rhythmic breathing of her chest matching mine. 

When I awake her body is still on top of me and our legs intertwined. She mumbles as she awakes, her hands squeezing at the fur cover with her cute grabby hands, and her eyes flickering open to the sunlight pouring through the windows. 

I gaze at her morning face, finding it naturally beautiful - even with the drool crusted on one side of her face, her honey hair sticking up and knotted in odd directions, her face with remaining mascara under her eyes, and her breath not especially smelling good. And then she smiles at me, sending my heart thumping, my cheeks embarrassingly ablaze.

"Good morning, doll."

"Morning, Alpha."

I brush whisps away from her eyes.

"My parents are arriving today."

She groans, tucking her head into my neck.

Seph has been dreading having my parents come over. My father, Breach (or Paxton, his birth name, which I don't normally use), and my mother Julianna have planned a visit to this chapter of the Devil's Rose MC. Of course, I'm not oblivious to the timing. I have just made major traditional changes, and all of sudden they want to come, and I quote, see the "favorite son." 

Keep in mind I am their only son. My sister is mostly man, personality-wise, but that doesn't count since she doesn't identify her gender as male personally or professionally. I should be the one dreading it more, but I have been out-dreaded. 

Though I don't understand the whole reason why, maybe she doesn't like parents or doesn't want to see anybody but me or is slightly afraid of them and questions they might ask. The last one - I get that. 

However, they are my parents, and I love them both enough to not run away to the woods to hide until they decide that they aren't going to be able to visit me. Though, they would probably go searching for me. And Charlie, my sister, isn't even here for backup.

The good things about my parents are that one, they always call before they decide to visit, and two, live three hours away so we have time to prepare since they aren't leaving their house - their retirement home - for another thirty minutes. 

I unlatch her arms from around me, place my hand on her hips, and lift her off of my body. She flings herself onto the other side of the bed, and I can't help but chuckle as she catches herself not falling to the floor. I leave her to be adorably weird, and I walk into the bathroom to take a quick shower, knowing that it's the first thing my mother is going to ask before even walking into my home. 

She's bizarre about that kind of stuff. She has been asking me if I've taken a shower every day and washed my hands before eating way past the normal age. Of course, I say yes because I do, but she still has to ask.

I dry myself off as much as possible, leaving the fan running in the bathroom to get rid of the fog and strut out to my walk-in closet. The eyes of Persephone don't once leave my body. My muscles tense at the cold air, my feet pad against the wood floors, my arms reaching above my head to yank the shirt I want off the hanger. 

My clean boxer briefs go on under my towel before I pull it away to showcase more of my legs. I honestly don't mind her staring, as long as it continues to just be her. I have lots of scars - some that I've successfully covered with tattoos, others not so much - and I can get insecure about them. 

We all have issues with our bodies, and I've tried to make myself more appealing to women with muscles and tattoos but even the female gaze doesn't make me feel handsome. I'm beginning to learn that I need to be happy with what I look like and that the attention isn't going to help me.