Chapter 32: King Osborn

I pull into the driveway of Persephone's parent's house. When she said we were going somewhere that will change my life, this is not what I imagined. I was thinking maybe a strip club where I would get a private dance from her. Though that would be dangerous with her pregnant self. 

Anyway, her parent's house was not in the front of my mind, so I'm totally unprepared. An insane amount of things could happen right now. I might get shot. And she gave me no warning, and I had to drive there. However, we are already here, and I'm freaking the fuck out. 

She hasn't spoken to them since before Victoria; I am the President of a chapter of a motorcycle club called Devil's Rose, I have lots of tattoos, we only knew each other for like a month before getting married, and she's about three months pregnant six months later. 

I'm literally a walking disaster because I'm so stressed about this baby, and now, I have to face whatever wrath I'm given. Why is she doing this to me? She might be trying to kill me.

"I can feel you freaking out."

"So, I'm not supposed to be scared out of fucking mind right now?"

"They're going to love you. If anyone should be freaking out, it's me. I'm the one that ditched them practically and hasn't talked to them in years. Now, I show up pregnant with a husband."

"I am that husband!"

"This is going to be wonderful. They are going to be so happy. Give them a cute story about the ring or something."

"Oh, hi Mr. and Ms. Estrada, I'm your daughter's baby daddy, here's a cute story about a ring."

She bursts out laughing, her eyes twinkling teasingly.

"Yes, that's exactly what you should say."

I groan, trying not to think about how I might die today, and open the driver's side door. I might as well stop procrastinating. We're going to have to get this over with either way. I mean, they know we are coming, so it's not like we're just knocking on their door randomly. It's just a bit distressing. 

I walk around the front of the car and help my wife out of the car. I try not to worry too much as she walks on the gravel onto the front porch. She clenches her fists and releases them before reaching her hand up and knocking on the door. 

Birds chirp above us, the hot wind blowing, my heart pounding in my chest. 

The door opens up, an older couple standing there exactly as we stand. An arm protectively around his short wife's waist. Ms. Estrada, I'm guessing, opens the door a bit wider, and I allow Seph to make her way inside in front of me. 

I stand close behind her, watching for any sudden movement. She lays a comforting hand on my chest and follows behind her mom into the kitchen. I hold my hand out to her father.

"I'm Alpha."

"Vincent. Alpha is your biker name, right?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry I can't tell you my real one."

"No, I understand. My brother was part of an MC a long time ago. He's passed away since, but I remember hearing about that life."

"I'm sorry for your loss."

"Don't worry about it, son. It was years ago. You're the president?"

"Of my chapter, yeah. What MC did he ride out of?"

"X-Cross."

"That's really cool. I watched their drag races as a kid."

"It's a small world. I'm going to be honest with you, I thought that she was lying to me when she told me about you. I never thought she would be back into that world, you know, but I'm happy that she's happy."