Chapter 17: King Osborn

Date night outfits above

"You're taking her on a date!?"

"Quiet yourself, Charles. Inside voices."

"Stop teasing me and tteellll mmmeeeee."

"Yes, okay, I'm taking her on a date."

"Where? What are you guys doing? What does she need to wear? What are you wearing?"

"I haven't thought about any of that. I was going to wing it."

"Honestly, this is why you could never get a date in high school, and when you finally did, she turned out to be the bitch of the century."

"Shut up."

Her feet swing back and forth from the kitchen stool. I hope she falls.

"Motorcycle ride, for sure-"

"Are you planning my date for me?"

"Since you can't do it yourself, yeah."

She huffs, and I give in. You can't stop a hurricane.

"A motorcycle ride through the back roads, and then, go to that casual French restaurant that serves that delicious food. After that, you could take her on another ride to the sort of unknown ice cream spot and walk to the lookout about ten minutes away. 

"You could kiss there or whatever, make sure you give her your jacket when it starts to get chilly, and then you could come back here and hang or whatever. Or you could search out something she wants to do, which would be getting virgin piña coladas, getting bread for the local bakery, and-"

"And go hatch throwing. You've thought this through."

"Blame our mother. She forced me to do this."

"You came back from your trip early because of a love life that has nothing to do with your own."

"Persephone will be my sister-in-law."

I whack her lightly on the shoulder, but I can't find it in me to argue with her. It's not like I want to say 'no, she won't.' That would just be stupid, right? Or I could reverse psychology it. I'm unable to get another word out before she has dashed up the stairs to most likely help Seph find something to wear. 

I couldn't care less what she looks like, but I know she does like getting dressed up for things. Plus, it's our first date, so I have a feeling that she's going to be freaking out over her outfit. I don't quite understand that. She's going to be absolutely gorgeous in anything she wears, I mean, she already is. 

She could want to go on our date wrapped up in a blanket and wearing sweatpants, and I would be the luckiest man in the world to be able to spend my night with her. I hear giggles coming from the guest bedroom as the two of them converse loudly. I try my best to ignore the conversation and focus on getting myself ready.

After a quick shower, I put on black jeans, a white shirt with a black hoodie on top, black boots, and my leather jacket. Charlie knocks on my door before barging in to see what I'm wearing. Her nose scrunches as she scans my outfit in deep concentration and leaves the room without a word. I have no idea what that was about. I don't think I want to know. 

I take a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves, and I make my way to the garage to get everything we need ready - gloves, helmets, the motorcycle, etc. With Seph going out more places and being the slightly anxious person she is, I didn't want to overwhelm her with riding a motorcycle. 

Even my first time, I never found riding to be nerve-wracking, it was freeing. However, I understand why anyone would feel apprehensive about it. There are a lot of statistics that can prove being on a motorcycle is dangerous, but I think that's one of the best things about it. The adrenaline rush.