Chapter 20: King Osborn

I fucking love when she touches me like that. There's no stopping the pounding of my chest and the aching desire to make those pink lips of hers sore. Don't matter which ones, both honestly. My hand brushes down the side of her face, the bumps of acne not bothering me one bit. Kind of hot, really. 

She's so real, so genuine. I bend down carefully, the tips of our noses bumping together. She snorts, making me smile as I peer into her phenomenally green eyes. Our lips are centimeters apart. Her ice cream minty breath fans my face. 

My hands clutch at her tiny and soft body. Closer, she comes closer. Our lips touch for the second time tonight, and I can barely think. My mind spins, my heart about to jump out of my chest, my soul completely entangled with hers. 

Oh, my lovely Persephone, my doll. What have you done to me? I'm speaking Shakespeare now. My breath is stolen from me, my entire being wanting to devour her in every which way.

"King...don't stop."

"I don't want to either, but we both know you aren't ready for anything else."

"But I-I do. I promise."

"I'm sorry, doll. I guess I'm not ready either."

I don't know if I'll be able to control myself. I don't want to hurt her, not ever, and I don't want to force her into something she doesn't want to do. I know how I am. I want her to beg for me, cry for me. I want drool dripping from her lips, her pleasured screams to fill the air, to have my hand wrapped around her throat while I fuck her. 

Shit, I'm spiraling. I have to have more self-control. 

She tucks her head into my shoulder, her leg sneaking between mine under the blanket. I groan as she presses her thigh on my crotch while sneakily trying to get me to go slightly further with her. I gently settle her on my side, so she can't knee me anymore, and I coax her to calm herself down. 

With a grip on my bicep, she slowly begins to fall asleep, her breath evening out. I rub soothing circles above her - well, really my - large t-shirt and carefully slip my other arm under her legs to pick her up bridal style. I carry her into her bedroom, sliding her underneath the covers, and kissing her lightly on the forehead.

The hot summer air floats through my open bedroom window, the wind allowing goosebumps to be raised along my skin. I tuck my hands below my head, staring up blankly at the ceiling. The only thoughts passing through my head are those of Persephone. 

I roll my lower lip into my mouth remembering the taste of her lips upon mine. The sweetness of the air seeps into my bones, reminding me of her heavenly vanilla perfume. 

I ache to hold her to my chest as her beautiful body sleeps peacefully with my arms wrapped loosely around her. I ache to feel her legs intertwined with mine as the stars shine brightly above the world. 

I ache to hear her speak to me softly as we wake in the sunny morning in our protected safe haven of understanding and happiness. I ache to brush my fingers down her bare back after hours of raw intimacy that I can only, will only, share with her.

From the first moment I met her, there was something about her. I don't know exactly what it was, and I don't know if I ever will. But whatever it may be, I know I'm incredibly lucky to have found it.

***

"Something has happened, hasn't it?"

"Nothing super terrible but you should probably get here soon."

"It's two in the morning though, Bear."

"I'm not sure that entirely matters, Alpha."

"Alright. Give me 25."