CHAPTER 21

Halstead. We agreed to stay here only half the day. Things were a little awkward due to the fact not that we were...both well. On edge. Me even more now that i decided to keep the baby.

"We don't have to stay here if you don't want to."
She stated as she helped me off her bike, even though I told her I didn't need help. Yet she insists on babying me while i incubated what was now, our child. However I still had thoughts...about that I should've. It wasn't too late to do it yet. But it's something we both agreed on.

"Babes I'm fine."
I kissed her cheek as i held her hand to the doorway.
"How about, you go set up our room and I'll catch up with you in a bit okay. I'm going to just, walk around town one last time before we head off."

Instantly Cy linked her arm around mine.

"Not for a second."
She stated with a glare.
"Not without me. You could get lost."

I couldn't help but laugh at her. She wasn't kidding either. I shook my head as I laughed.

"Alright Babes, alright. We can walk together."
As if i would get lost in this tiny village. I was brought up here, and most people knew who I was was. Although now it might be hard to tell now due to my asymmetric blue hair and...punk look. My style changed a bit since I ran off.

We found ourselves chatting about our past as we walked around the town centre. More about my past really. My childhood and where I was brought up. Both the good and the bad things that happened from what I remember.

We stopped infront of Halstead cafe. A tiny cafe where I use to happily assist mum when I was little. She still worked there last time I remembered. She stopped taking me to work with her after the band got rights to me. Joint custody and legal rights and all. Looking at the building I seemed to of drifted off into my own world.

"Do you want to eat Mistress?"
Cy broke the silence as she linked her arms into mine. I give a little nod. But it was risky. Sure nobody would recognize Cy, but as for me, I had a very recognizable face. Mostly because of my eyes but that's besides the point. I flipped my hair infront of the left side of my face...If i looked like this they couldn't notice me that much right?

Going in we sat right by the door, an easy escape if we needed to make one. After being seated we were greeted by our waiter.

"Good afternoon you two my name is Alex I'll be your waiter. Can I start you two off with something to drink?"

I panicked. Holding my breath a bit I looked at him, picking up the menu.
I hid my face as I let Cy do the talking.
Pulling out a napkin and a pin I began writing.
There in the back was a familiar woman, jet black hair. It was mum. Most definitely it was her.

Staying subtle about it i nudged Cy's leg with my foot.

"We should leave."
I said in a whisper. Leaning towards her.
"This was a bad idea. My mum still works here."

Cy nodded, standing up and leading me towards the door in a calm manor. Upon stepping outside a lory drives by rather quickly. Splashing water on the both of us. Cy began twitching in a glitching manner as a wave of electricity struck both of us from the ground up.
"CY! Are you alright?"

"Are you alright Miss_Mistres_s?"
Her voice cracked a bit as she twitched.
"You're not hurt are you?"

"I'm alright sweets. C'mon. Let's get you dried off ok."
Guiding her back inside towards the toilets i pass her. Mum. Probably going on her smoke break like always. I didn't even have time to look at her. Nor did I want to. Cy was more important.

Taking her inside i lock the door behind us and begin taking paper towels and cleaning her off, arms, legs, face, neck. After she was done she begins wiping away the dirty water from my jeans, although it wasn't really working our right. I was soaked.
"Babe, Don't worry about it ok. I'm fine. You just need to make sure your dry before we head out ok."