Chapter 6

Some lines are taken directly from the anime.

Hitoshi POV

I was standing in the elevator room next to some white haired kid. If you squint really hard he looks a little like Illumi. Except the colour scheme is wrong and the kid doesn't look lifeless- well as lifeless.

"Why are you staring?" The kid asked.

I didn't even realize I was staring, I opened my mouth hesitating slightly, "Well?" The kid asked.

"Sorry, I didn't realize I was." I said trying real hard not to use my quirk.

The kid opened his mouth to reply and I saw his face go blank. I suppose I didn't succeed. I might as well just leave him under my control for now, it'll be less annoying that way. "Go stand quietly in the corner over there and forget you ever talked to me." I said. The kid went and did that, and stared blankly into space for the remainder of the time in the elevator.

When the elevator got to the bottom a green being was waiting with numbered cards. "Here you are, number 98 and the young man in the corner over there is number 99. Make sure to wear your numbers at all times and be careful not to lose them."

I nodded my head and released the short white haired kid from my control.

"Huh, I'm at the bottom already?" He said looking around confused. He walked up to the green being and took his card, he shot me a confused glance and walked away.

I sighed slightly, I shouldn't have talked to the kid at all, if he's even half of what I think he is then he's suspicious of me now. I walked further into the room and pinned my number to my chest.

I looked around studying the other applicants, none of them (save Hisoka) seem to know nen. Curious. It'll make this exam easier, that's for sure. "Hey you new?"

I looked at the person who interrupted my train of thought, he didn't look very honest. "I'm Tonpa! Do you want some juice? I'm something of a veteran around here, if you need any help with anything you need only ask."

I decided to take a page out of Hisoka's book and shot him a look, backed with a little KI that promised a prolonged and painful death if he didn't back away. He seemed to have gotten the memo because he shivered and backed away mumbling "Sorry." then said, "another crazy one eh?" once he turned around to leave.

I narrowed my eyes. He'll die, in time. The man shivered again.

I felt a jolt of pride coming from Hisoka and turned to look at him. 'Nicely done.' he mouthed. I sent him a wave of gratitude as thanks. He smiled at that and the applicants standing around him backed 5 feet away in fear.

I moved closer to a wall and stood there silently for what felt like forever.

-+-

The elevator doors opened for the hundredth time that day.

I was still leaning against the wall as I had been for the last few hours.

I looked over at the elevator and studied the three new contestants. The first one out was a tall man wearing a blue suit, the second out was a blonde haired kid wearing a tabard. The last person to step out of the elevator was a short kid with green hair and a green outfit.

The group looks interesting. That annoying guy- Tonpa approached them and started a conversation. If the kids can't see past the guy then they shouldn't be here.

A few minutes later I heard a scream coming from the middle of the room. I turned to look at Hisoka who was standing in front of a man whose arms were disappearing. "My, how unusual. Seems this poor man's arms have turned into flower petals. Now you see them now you don't. You should be more careful and do apologize when you bump into someone." Hisoka said.