Chapter 21

Third POV

Hitoshi and Hisoka were sitting opposite of one another in their room. Hitoshi had his arm in a sling and was wearing shorts and a tank top to let his hundreds of cuts breathe. The doctors gave him some cream and advice so the cuts should all heal without leaving scars.

Hisoka had bandages wrapped around his two bullet wounds and was sitting shirtless. He was really only using his injury as an excuse to show off his muscle to his kitten, the injury really didn't bother him that much, he'd had worse. He also had casts around his broken fingers.

"So," Hitoshi started, "is the bet off?"

"No, of course not kitten, we'll split it. I get six hours and you get six hours." Hisoka replied.

"Who's going first?"

"How about a game of blackjack to decide?" Hisoka suggested.

"No, you cheat. Rock paper scissors." Hitoshi stated.

"Hm, fine."

"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot." the two guys said at the same time. Hisoka played paper and Hitoshi played rock.

"Seems I'll be going first kitten~." Hisoka sang.

"Fine but no sex. I won't ask it of you, so please don't ask it of me. Anything else goes I guess."

Hisoka pouted, "It wouldn't be very fun if you don't agree anyway. I'll get you eventually, I can be patient when I want to be."

Hitoshi just nodded along, "Sleep today and start tomorrow?"

Hisoka smiled, "Does my little kitten need a little break?" he cooed.

Hitoshi groaned, "Shut up." He got up out of the chair and went to the bathroom to get ready for sleep.

Hisoka's eyes drifted down and watched Hitoshi walk over to the bathroom. "I can feel you staring, pervert."

Hisoka chuckled quietly.

"Grrr."

Hisoka moved his gaze to the black and purple cat on the ground.

*insert angry cat noises*

"My, my, I have no idea what you're saying."

*insert more angry cat noises*

Hisoka opted for the safe option and looked out the window, keeping the eyes in the back of his head trained on the cat.

Hitoshi came out of the bathroom a few minutes later and carefully got into his bed. "Stupid papercuts." he muttered under his breath. His entire body was stinging. He put his head down on the pillow and closed his eyes, sleep never came fast enough. Worst case scenario he'd have to go through tomorrow on 2 hours of sleep and 20 cups of coffee.

-+-

Hitoshi was sitting down in one of the armchairs with his 3rd cup of coffee in his hands. It was seven in the morning.

"I have a fight with Kastro today." Hisoka said the moment he left the bathroom. He was wearing his typical magician attire again.

"When?" Hitoshi asked.

"In six hours."

"So when your time ends and mine starts?" Hitoshi clarified.

"Yes, it's really quite unfortunate~."

"Then you owe me six favours. I can cash them in whenever, and you can't say no." Hitoshi stated.

Hisoka grinned, "Consider yourself owed."