Chapter 23

Hello people, I know it's taken me a while to update, but that is mainly because I was on vacation. This book will continue, but I do need access to the HxH anime, which I did not have for the duration of my trip. As some of you may know, I haven't finished watching HxH, I'm watching it as I'm writing this story.

Also please tell me: Do you prefer First person or Third person writing?

I seem to be drifting back towards third person. Meaning more of the upcoming chapters will be in third person again, until I feel like writing first person again. But let me know what you prefer!

Hitoshi POV

Gon and Hisoka's fight had finished. Judging by Hisoka's bruised cheek, Gon had actually managed to land a punch.

Hisoka was sitting in his chair, looking out the window. "Aren't you going to shower?" I asked. Hisoka turned to look at me, "Only if you shower with me." I rolled my eyes.

"I already showered today." I brushed him off. Hisoka frowned, "You can shower more than once in a day kitten~"

I shrugged and started to search the room for my bag. When I found it I threw all my things into it. I put it on and went over to the door. "Nyx, let's go." I said.

"Wait." Hisoka interrupted, "Where are you even going?"

"On a small trip. I'll see you again in Yorknew, that's where you're going isn't it?" I said.

Hisoka sighed, "I can't come with you?"

"No. Now come on Nyx, get off the bed."

"Five more minutes son."

I shut my eyes in expiration. "But kitten~ I'll be all alone." Hisoka whined.

"Astute observation. I will see you again soon, Illumi goes off on his own all the time and he's fine."

Hisoka got out of his chair and walked up to me. He raised his hand, but I slapped it away before it could touch my face. "Hisoka." I warned. He lowered his hand to my waist and pulled me in for a hug. "Don't die, Hitoshi." He whispered.

"I won't if you don't." I responded. He chuckled quietly, "I'll be with the spiders, all you need to do is find them."

"Alright, I'll see you in a little while." I said, pulling out of the hug. Nyx jumped off the bed and walked through the door.

"Did... did your cat just walk through a closed door?" Hisoka questioned.

"It appears as though he did..." I shook my head, nothing this cat did was surprising anymore really.

Nyx's head appeared in the door, "Periwinkle, I do not have all day, come along now." Nyx's head vanished again.

I blinked. "Bye, I guess." I opened the door and walked out without looking back.

We walked to Killua and Gon's room in silence. When we arrived I knocked on the door. "Come in." Killua's voice said. I opened the door and walked in, Nyx walked in behind me. "We're almost ready." Killua said.

"Lie down Periwinkle." Nyx said. I arched my brow in question. "Don't question me. Lie down."

I sighed and did as the cat said. Nyx stood over me and put one of his paws on my chest. "Nyx what are you doing?" Killua asked.

"Pinning your brother to the ground." Nyx answered.

"Well yes I can see that, but why are you doing that?"

"Would you rather I pin you to the ground?" Nyx turned to stare at Killua. Kil took a small step back and shook his head, "Nope I'm good, you just continue doing whatever it is you're doing." Nyx nodded in satisfaction.

Gon walked into the room from the bathroom and froze. "Hey Killua?" He asked.

"Yeah?"

"Why is there a big cat pinning Shinsou to the ground?" He pointed at Nyx.

Killua ignored the question and asked, "Are you done packing?"

"What? Oh yeah! Are you?" Gon answered.

"Yep. We can go whenever." Killua said.

-+-

"What is that? It's almost worse than the flying death machine." Nyx asked, horrified.

"That is a boat, Nyx." Killua responded.

"Did you just talk to the cat?" Gon asked, his eyes sparkled in excitement.

"Yeah, Gon meet Nyx, Nyx meet Gon." Killua introduced the two.

"That is so cool!" Gon moved closer and attempted to poke Nyx. Nyx hissed, and swatted away Gon's hand, "Control your boyfriend Bleach."

Killua hid his face in his hands, "He's not my boyfriend." He whispered.

"Yet."

I smiled. This was nice.

"Periwinkle!" I looked down at Nyx. He was in my arms in his small cat form. "I'm not getting on that floating death machine!" I sighed quietly. I shifted my arms slightly so I was holding Nyx on one arm. I tapped Killua on the shoulder with my free hand. He turned to face me. "I'll meet you on the island." I whispered. He nodded in understanding, a small smile could be seen on his face; he was probably relieved Nyx was leaving.

"Hey, where's Shinsou going?" I heard Gon ask.

"Now go over to that dark alley over there." Nyx waved a paw in the general direction of the alley.

I did as he asked, and placed him down on the ground. He grew to his original size, and turned to me. "Ready kid?"

I shrugged. "How's this going to work? I don't know what Gon's island looks like." I said.

Nyx grinned, "You don't, but I sure do. I've seen many places in my immortal lifespan. Don't doubt me Periwinkle. Now get on."

I got on his back and gripped his fur. He took off in a run, straight into the wall in front of us. I closed my eyes right before we would've hit the wall. I cracked them open again when I felt us enter the shadows. It was just as eerie as the first time.

Nyx ran fast, twisting around corners I couldn't see. He ran into a darker patch of shadows and we emerged in a forest. I squinted my eyes, letting them re-adjust to the light of the sun. "Welcome to Whale Island, Periwinkle."

Once my eyes adjusted, I looked around. There were trees surrounding us in every possible direction. I slipped off Nyx back, and took off in a random direction. "Kil and Gon's trip will take longer than ours. We have some time before we need to go to the harbor and meet up with them."

"So what will you be doing while we wait, Periwinkle?"

I turned around, "I'm going to look around the island, and find a nice quiet place, one suitable for training."

Nyx shrugged and walked up to me, "I've got nothing better to do, lead the way."

-+-

"Aunt Mito!" Gon yelled. "Aunt Mito!"

"Gon!" The lady at the top of the hill, presumably Mito, yelled back.

Killua, Nyx and I walked up the hill. Kil and Gon's ship arrived a little while ago, we had immediately made our way here once it did.

"And you must be Killua and Shinsou, right?" Mito said when she saw us.

I will hopefully be updating at least once a month, preferably once every two weeks. We'll see. 

Thoughts?