Chapter 9

Some lines are taken from the anime

Do you guys have any specific characters/groups you want Hitoshi to interact with in the future?

Hitoshi POV

I was sitting down on a bench in the aircraft looking out the window. We were approaching what looked to be a mountain with a large crack down the middle. Well, whatever it is we do, I just hope I don't have to participate. As far as I'm concerned I passed the second exam and don't need to do anything else. Hisoka told me he had to retake the second exam, so he left to go with the other examiner and applicants.

The aircraft slowly descended until it came to a stop on top of the mountain. I left my spot and went to stand outside with the other applicants. I watched Menchi explain a few things then jump down into the ravine. Around a minute later she came back up on an updraft with an egg in her hand.

Applicant 255, who had been causing problems the entire phase started voicing his doubts. In the middle of his whining he was cut off by the green haired kid who yelled in excitement and jumped into the ravine with his 3 friends.

The other willing applicants followed soon after. A few moved away from the edge of the cliff and sat down on the ground.

"So, I hear you're the only one who passed the original second phase." A voice said next to me.

I turned to my right and saw an old dude who looked like he should be six feet under. I gave him a small nod not really knowing what else to do. "Hm, I'm Isaac Netero, the 12th chairman of the Hunters Association. Who might you be?"

I took out my phone and typed a message.

Hitoshi Shinsou.

"Are you perhaps mute?" He asked.

Something like that.

I left my answer kind of vague and deleted the words after he read them in case the questions continued.

Netero turned to Menchi who was standing next to him looking at the applicants still in the ravine. "Menchi," he started gaining her attention. "I trust you will finish the exam and give everyone fair judgment this time. I'll be taking my leave along with Mr. Shinsou here. Take the applicants who passed back onto the airship when you're done."

He turned to me again with a smile on his face. "Come along now Mr. Shinsou, we'll be going to my office in the airship."

I quickly typed a message on my phone and shoved it in his face.

Just Shinsou's fine, drop the Mr. You could ask me before telling me to go somewhere you know.

"Hm, well then Shinsou, would you like to accompany me to my office?"

Alright.

I put my phone back into my pocket, I'd have to charge it soon. If it dies I'd have to use JSL to communicate, and I doubt anyone from a different universe knows it. I sighed quietly.

I followed Netero back to the airship/aircraft, whichever. I'd call it an airplane but it doesn't look like one.

We entered the ship and turned down a few hallways before coming to a stop in front of what was presumably Netero's office. We went inside and sat down on opposite ends of a table in the room.

"Tell me, do you know what nen is?" Netero started.

Is that why he brought me here? Because he thinks I know (of) nen? Hisoka has been using his aura (mainly bloodlust) a lot during this exam, but I'm assuming he already knew of Hisoka due to last year's exam. Illumi also revealed he had nen at least once, so he'd talk to the chairman as well, probably. Unless he already knows Illumi is a Zoldyck (I'd assume he does, as Illumi is not here). I haven't given away that I know (of) nen, but he probably assumes I do because of Hisoka (the needy brat). Anyone who hangs around Hisoka and isn't worried is either a) super oblivious and innocent or b) just as tainted and a tad bit suicidal (or c) completely smitten [but we ignore this one]).