Chapter 27

Third Person POV

Hitoshi and Nyx strolled into the auction building at a slow pace.

"You're going to have to drop your weapons and phone off here." One of the guards said, "And no pets allowed."

"I'm one of the assassins, so is my cat." Hitoshi lied, letting his power slowly seep into the guard. The guard's eyes dulled slightly, "Yes, of course! My apologies, you can keep your weapons and your cat."

Hitoshi nodded and headed for the stairs. He might as well find Silva and Zeno. They're bound to lead him in the right direction.

He followed their signatures and soon found them. "Ah Hitoshi, and guest, so nice of you to join us." Zeno greeted.

"I... I've been practicing. I am able to speak, to an extent." Hitoshi said.

"I see, your fog stays close to you and doesn't travel." Silva said.

Hitoshi nodded, "The amount of time I can hold it back varies depending on the person and how many people there are. I will not speak much, but I am able to if needed."

"Acknowledged." Zeno said, "Who's the cat?"

"This is Nyx." Hitoshi said.

"Hello Nyx." Zeno said.

Nyx bowed his head slightly in acknowledgement.

"Let's go, their leader is already in the building." Silva started walking away, sparing a glance at Nyx. Hitoshi and Zeno followed.

"Am I correct in assuming you will be fighting against us in the upcoming battle?" Zeno asked.

"I probably won't fight, but yes."

Zeno nodded, "Well best of luck."

They continued on in silence. They stopped in front of a room with many doors. The four of them entered the room at the same time.

They were met with a man standing on a table in the room.

"We meet again." The man said.

"You remember me?" Silva asked.

"How could I forget?'' the man replied, "You killed one of my people."

"It wasn't easy," Silva admitted.

Silva and Zeno started approaching the man. Hitoshi watched the proceedings from behind the two.

Nyx read the room and immediately noticed Hitoshi would not fight. Nyx rolled his eyes, Hitoshi could be absolutely boring on occasion. Nyx hadn't 'naturally' bonded with a human in centuries. Hitoshi was a special case, and it excited him to an impossible degree.

The circumstances surrounding Hitoshi's arrival were ever so interesting as well. If all played out as the one pulling the strings planned it, well, Nyx'd never get bored. Hitoshi's future would be oh so interesting, and it's quite the adventure to...relive. And it's such a nice touch for the one behind it all to add different variables everytime.

Nyx quietly lay down on the floor and observed the fight. He noted Hitoshi seemed interested in the guy the two Zoldycks were fighting. Or more specifically, his nen ability.

Nyx continued to stare at Hitoshi for the duration of the fight, what a wonderful human indeed.

Hitoshi was watching the fight with interest. 'If he's copied lots of abilities, I wonder if he's encountered a similar one to mine.' Hitoshi thought. He continued to observe the Phantom Troupe member for the duration of the fight.

The Phantom Troupe's movements were graceful and calculated. He was barely dodging the Zoldyck's attacks, but Hitoshi was smart enough to realize he was hiding his true power.