Chapter 20

The fight takes place after Gon's fight with Gido. Hisoka's fight takes place the day after.

Third POV

"Welcome everyone to the most sold out show we've had for a while! Tonight it's Hisoka the Magician versus the Midnight Gunslinger Hitoshi!" The announcer said, the crowd cheered. Bets were going around, the crowd was going absolutely ballistic.

The match was one everyone wanted to see. Two potential floor masters who, according to rumors, were living together. The crowd wanted a good show, they knew Hisoka would deliver.

Hisoka and Hitoshi were standing on opposite ends of the arena, waiting for the start signal.

Hitoshi's fingers were twitching above his guns, getting ready to draw them the second the match started. Hisoka appeared to be simply standing calmly and grinning. What the audience didn't know was that he subtly moved himself into the ideal position to start dodging bullets at an insane speed once Hitoshi started to fire his rounds. Hisoka was well aware Hitoshi would hit him exactly where he intended to if he didn't give it 100%, Hitoshi very rarely ever missed.

"Let the match begin!"

Hitoshi was firing rounds faster than most people in the audience could perceive, he was running towards Hisoka at the same time. He had 17 bullets, only one would hit.

Hisoka ran at his kitten a card ready to slice flesh held between the fingers of his left hand. His little kitten would bleed tonight. Hisoka twisted to the left narrowly avoiding a bullet aimed at his right shoulder. His little kitten was shooting at his vital spots, he ducked his head and a bullet whizzed overhead. He should start fighting back, his kitten was shooting to kill~.

Hitoshi was in fact trying to kill Hisoka. Well, make him think that is what he was trying to do. Hitoshi, while a little crazy, wouldn't actually kill Hisoka. It would hurt him more than it would hurt the clown, sorry the magician. He had one bullet left to fire, the second to last one had been aimed at Hisoka's head, the second his head ducked, his last bullet tore through Hisoka's right leg. The magician remained standing, though his jog had halted.

"Critical hit! 2 points to Hitoshi!" the announcer announced.

"Smart kitten. You fired bullets in a specific order to make sure I ended up at the edge of the arena, consequently having no space to dodge the bullet, lest it land in my left leg instead while doing so. I must commend you, although I saw through your little plan." Right after Hisoka said that, the cards he had suspended from the ceiling with his bungee gum shot to the ground like meteorites.

A card grazed Hitoshi's cheek before he rolled to the side to avoid the rest of the cards.

There seemed to be an infinite amount of them, more and more kept raining down embedding themselves in the arena floor. The only place no cards were hitting the floor was within a one-meter radius of Hisoka. The very same Hisoka as the one grinning, eyes filled with glee as he watched his little kitten get paper cuts from his deck of cards.

Hitoshi knew if he wanted to beat Hisoka, and avoid a 12 hour incident he had to get within that 1 meter radius and start throwing punches. He currently has the most points, but that could change in the blink of an eye. So of course, Hitoshi did the only sensible thing one would do in a situation such as this: he ran straight at Hisoka, ignoring the playing cards. He got cuts all over his body, but it only served as a minor inconvenience.

Hitoshi's lips twitched up in a smile as he brought his fist down on Hisoka's dumb grinning face. Hisoka caught his arm and they both jumped away from each other, ending on opposite sides of the arena.

In silent agreement they both flew at each other fists blazing, too fast for the audience to see.

Not even a minute later they were both standing on opposite ends of the arena again. Hitoshi was bleeding from hundreds of little paper cuts, and was sporting a broken arm. Hisoka had a second bullet hole going through his left shoulder, he also had a busted lip and a few broken fingers.

The crowd screamed in excitement, this was a match to see!

Sitting amongst the crowd a little white haired boy was surprised. He thought his 'brother' was weaker than most of his family, yet here he was keeping up with Hisoka of all people. The assassin knew this would've been a match Gon had liked to see, too bad the impulsive green idiot broke his arm.

"What an exciting turn of events! Both fighters are evenly matched! The next one to get a point will win this match! Who'll it be? Place your bets before it's too late if you haven't already!"

In silent agreement Hisoka and Hitoshi flew at each other, fists pulled back ready to lay a devastating punch to the other.

Both fighters were very close to each other now, the second they were in range of each other their fists made contact with the other's face. After a moment of what felt like slow motion, Hisoka and Hitoshi flew out of the ring and into the walls behind them.

Hitoshi spat up blood the second his back impacted the wall. The wall behind him had cracks going up it, almost reaching the audience above. He took a shuddering breath and fell to the ground, landing on his hands and knees. His chest hurt and he couldn't muster the strength to stand. Hisoka punched him quite hard, if the bruise along his cheek had anything to say about it.

On the opposite end of the room Hisoka wasn't faring any better. Hitoshi had punched him hard, he was stuck in a Hisoka-shaped crater. His lip was split open again and he was fairly certain his back was very bruised. His fingers twitched trying to find the strength to peel himself off the wall. Although his body seemed to be in shock and wasn't responding to his wishes. He was actually extremely happy, they might've only fought to ten points and held back in order to not hurt each other too badly, but it was still a good fight.

The crowd was silent for a few seconds before bursting out into cheers. "And it seems we have a tie! What a match!"

Arena staff came up to the two fighters and helped them. Two went up to Hisoka and pulled him off the wall, if he was less injured he might've killed them for touching him, but at present, he didn't really care as his eyes were focused on his kitten.

Two staff members also came up to Hitoshi, helping him stand. Hitoshi spat more blood out of his mouth, not wishing to swallow it. His gums were bleeding, he was lucky Hisoka hadn't knocked a tooth out.

"And there you have it folks! Both fighters are still alive and kicking! As this match was a tie you can either be refunded your betting money or choose to leave it with us and get tickets to two matches of your choice!"

I tried to write a fight scene. I don't know if I necessarily succeeded or what.

Happy reading!

Thoughts?