Chapter 6: Wrinkly Old Fucks

We walked out of school and headed out in the direction of Gion Corner, Sakura with a sweet smile on her face.

"Classes were really dull today, but Taiga putting Shinji in his place was pretty satisfying."

Sakura chuckled a bit, "You know everyone in my year is comparing you to Yujiro Hanma right?" I was caught off guard with that one because she laughed pretty hard.

"I think this is a new side of you that I've ever seen." She muses while teasing me "What spurred this on?"

I didn't know why but the words struggle to get out. Stop hesitating.

"....I had a really bad nightmare, I decided not to hold myself back. If I had to summarize it." We were heading in the direction of Gion, the area in Kyoto known for cuisine. I took her to a Western style cafe and bakery.

"I've never been here before, Kyoto is so bustling..." Sakura said joyously

"To be fair, it's Gion, it's always busy given the time it's the entertainment district. This just happens to be my go to spot after school."

"So, what was your dream about?" Sakura asked.

"Well....... I was in a world without magic but I was with someone I cared deeply about but they had to sacrifice themselves to wake me up. I owe her a lot." I say, sadly, looking downwards recounting what happened to Saya. No, Semiramis.

"That makes sense why you looked sad this morning. Now stop being sad!" She poked my nose and I smiled. A waiter came by and took our orders shortly afterwards.

Wait. Did this world's version of me play a serious role here? I'll have to be careful here on out—it seems like I'm lacking crucial information here.

"Hey Sakura, what are you doing here in Kyoto?" I ask, as that is the question that has been on my mind.

"I transferred into this school last year and a few other students from my old school transferred as well due to slightly different circumstances." She says, smiling.

"You mean the Holy Grail War, right?" I ask as that would make the most sense.

"Oh, yes, for the Holy Grail War. I completely forget you're a mage sometimes." She says, laughing a little nervously.

"I wouldn't worry about it too much, my dad is the one who oversees Kyoto on the city side of things. I won't be participating in the Grail War directly as a Master." I say as I brought out a pen and notebook and wrote the following for her to read.

"I can offer you a deal, and information." I looked at her with a smile and handed her the notebook and paper. She was confused at first, but she understood what I was trying to do and she spoke and wrote in the notebook at the same time.

"That's a shame, I would have offered to partner up with you for the Grail War." She feigned her despondence and handed it back to me with the written message.

"What do I get out of it? Are you a Master as well?"

I was probably still smiling like an idiot, because I knew too much. As our orders were served. I played with my food for a bit.

"If I was a Master, this entire Grail War would be in disarray. Besides, my wish is far too simple to use for the Grail. I prefer to do it on my own rather than rely on such a whimsical coveted object like the Grail. " I say lackadaisically as I wrote in the notebook and passed it to her.

"Information on three Masters, their Servants', True Names and Noble Phantasms. What can I offer you? Freedom. All I ask is that you continue to trust me as you always have." I passed her the notebook face down, baffling her for a moment while I ate. As she stared at the contents of what I wrote, wide-eyed in shock. She looked back at me while I was eating, her pen hand quivering as she wrote.