Chapter 8: Three Demons and Judas Play Chess

1 Hour Prior To The Ritual

My parents came down while I was preparing for the ritual, as my father tapped my shoulder.

"Adachi, so I wanted to ask you something, it's about how you knew about the Tohsakas'...?"

"Oh, that." I suppose they would be curious on how I came across such invaluable information, since it would be nigh impossible to get this information even through the most secure of information networks and info brokers.

"I asked Sakura to help me investigate the other Masters in this Grail War, I merely took note of the most troublesome ones. Namely the current Overseer of the Grail War, the Matous and Tohsakas. In gathering that information I figured out Sakura wasn't a Matou by birth so I asked her about it and Sakura told me what happened."

Yakumo's jaws dropped, an amused expression on my mother's face; they were surprised I even came up with a list of Masters that were even dangerous.

"Besides, Kotomine is my second highest priority target; followed by that damned Yggdmillennia."

"Who's the highest?" My father asked seriously.

"Zouken Matou; as he's implanted in Sakura a fragment of the Holy Grail, as well as infested her body with crestworms, he intends to create another body to prepare the Holy Grail through instead of through the Einzburns. The reason why I'm summoning my Servant early is that Kotomine already has a Servant and Yggdmillennia will have already decided to summon their servants by tonight; which is my best opportunity to draw out Zouken and cut his connection off with Sakura. Which leads into what I was going to ask you before I went out tonight."

"Hoh? What would that be?"

The Yamato appeared with its blade and sheath as I presented it to my father, who looked confused, for a moment before it dawned on him.

"When was this blade forged by Muramasa?"

AFTER THE LENGTHY CONVERSATION

I returned to the ritual, settling the massive royal bean bag chair nearby, and began the chant.

"Let silver and steel be the essence.

Let stone and the archduke of contracts be the foundation.

Let rise a wall against the wind that shall fall.

Let the four cardinal gates close.

Let the three-forked road from the crown reaching unto the Kingdom rotate.

Let it be declared now; your flesh shall serve under me, and my fate shall be with your sword.

Submit to the beckoning of the Holy Grail.

Answer, if you would submit to this will and this truth.

An oath shall be sworn here.

I shall attain all virtues of all of Heaven;

I shall have dominion over all evils of all of Hell.

From the Seventh Heaven, attended to by three great words of power,

come forth from the ring of restraint, protector of the holy balance!"

"I heard and now heed your call. I am Servant Assassin but you can call me Semiramis. Now then...first, you must prepare a throne for me. Then, we shall talk. If you do not have one, then YOU will have to serve as my chair." Semiramis says, looking at me.

"Your chair is already here, Semiramis." As I present to her the massive bean bag chair and the plastic chair that is across from it.

"You're well prepared, I'll give you that, Master. May I ask you for your name?" She chuckled as she sat in the beanbag while I sat in the plastic chair across from her.