CHAPTER 18: It Has To Be This Way

MEDEA POV

I can’t believe it. One of the Master and Servant mana signatures disappeared as well as some other normal mages’. Anyway, I must be ready to help my beloved Soichirou on his mission. I look at some unsuspecting helper, whom I drain of every ounce of mana in her system. She tries to fight back as she just shrivels up in the middle of the courtyard. As I stare out onto the city from the roof, I hear a familiar voice. A voice that could only calm the rampaging tempest of my heart, Soichirou.

He says, “Ready to go? We must set up and be ready to capture my target.”

“I am ready. I have the string you asked for as well as the means to make a magic barrier.”

“Alright. Let us head out.” He says. I’m as ready as I’ll ever be to help my beloved.

A FEW HOURS LATER

“My target should be heading this way now. Get ready and stick to the plan.” Souichirou says.

“Yes, Souichirou.” I say as I get ready to attack as we hide in bushes.

As a bumbling fool, with short light brown hair and eyes; wearing a green dress with a yellow and black striped shirt and white shoes. Souichirou nods to me and I catch her with the strings and set up the magical barrier. I use some magic to make her fall asleep so we can kill her without her screaming. We hop out of the bushes to start the process when out of nowhere a random guy with long brown hair, white skin, wearing a light blue shirt, and black shorts was standing in front of her. I think her name was Taiga.

The man says from out of nowhere, “Hmmm. So it is true. They are slightly smaller than Medusa’s but larger than Saber’s but they are more firm than Medusa’s. Oh sorry. I didn’t realize I wasn’t alone. I’m just conducting an experiment and checking her pulse.”

“Caster, we don’t have time for this. Up my strength.” Souichirou says. I raise my hand and increase his strength by a factor of ten. He rushes at the man and punches the man twelve times in the side and then jumps back.

“Very interesting. She is fairly attractive. I’m surprised that someone hasn’t tried to get with her or even try to wife her up.” He says as he continues to touch her and lift up her dress.

“Caster, again.” Souichirou says as I increase his strength by over 100 times. Souichirou strikes the man again.

“Wow. That actually tickled.” The man says as he turns towards us.

“Caster, again.” Souichirou says as increase his strength by 10,000 times. As Souichirou is about to attack, the man holds out his hand and hits play on a music box that just randomly appeared. It starts to play some metal music as Souichirou starts hitting the man over and over until Souichirou backs away.

“How are you doing this? His strength is over 100,000 times normal.” I say. I look at his mana level and it is completely empty. “You should be dead! You have no mana!”

“Nanomachines, son. Not really. I had ‘no clue’ you could detect mana. Here, try this.” The man says as he takes off a ring with a C on it. The other rings on his hand have a V, an I, and an E. VICE? What does that mean? I look at his mana level again and I couldn’t help but vomit at the sheer amount and potency.

“I know I’m not the most attractive, but vomiting at the mere sight of me is a little rude.” The man says as he puts the ring back on.

“Souichirou, we can’t win this. Maybe we should come back when she is not under this man’s protection.”