Prologue

Prologue

Dick's POV.

I miss them. 

I miss them so much. 

I miss my parents. 

They were taken away from me, with Bruce witnessing the whole incident. He was the one who payed for the funeral, the one that took me in and cared for me. 

I remember it all so clearly. How all of this trauma happened. It was nothing compared to what my parents death did to me as a child. 

It all happened when I asked to invite a girl over. 

*Flashback*

"Bruce, can I ask you something"

He let out a grunt. 

"Well, their's this girl at school, and her names Charlie...and I was wondering, if um...I could invite her over after school on Friday? Just so we could hang out of course!" I said. I was practically begging Bruce to let her come over, especially cause I had a crush on this girl. 

"I'm sorry, but no Dick." Bruce stated. 

"But please! I really like this girl and I really want to hang out with her! With just us two though..."

"No means no. That is my final answer. I swear to God, that if you invite her over without my permission, their will be some serious consequences, and I'm not messing around with this" Bruce warned

I nodded my head, afraid of what Bruce would do because I know he is more than capable..

But even then, I did the most stupidest thing - I invited Charlie over.

*At school*

"Hey Charlie! I was wondering if um...you wanted to come over to my place on Friday after school...just us two? I was shaking, afraid of her response.

"Um..sure I guess.." Charlie said. 

I gave her the address of the house and proceeded to go home. I did my homework, ate dinner, showered and got ready for bed.

Bruce's POV. 

How stupid of Dick to invite his friend over.

After Dick went to bed, I snuck into his room where he laid quietly in bed. 

His small face peaking out of the top of the cocoon he had wrapped himself into. 

I placed a tracker around his neck, well actually, it was a shock collar. One that only Dick and I could see, but everyone else couldn't, even when the shocks were happened. 

Silly Dick, did he not here the part where I said their would be consequences?

Dick's POV. 

I woke up in the morning to feel something around my neck.

Getting up and looking in the mirror made me realise that it was a shock collar!

What the hell?!

"BRUCE! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!" I asked, storming into his room

"I told you there would be consequences. Whenever you do something bad or close to revealing your identity and whenever I pretty much feel like it, I will press this button and it will shock you."

"What about my other life?! My public life? People are going to be able to see this!" I yelled furiously.

"No they wont, cause only you and me will be able to see it, no one else can. Here, do you want to see a demo?"

"No Bruce I-" I was cut off by feeling waves of electricity travelling through my body.

I was in pain. 

God help me.

I dropped down to the ground, holding onto the collar hoping that it would somehow stop the shocks from going through my body and causing immense pain. 

*Flashback over*

Welcome to my life.