Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Dick’s POV.

Once we had built our little secret invention, we just had to hook it up to the main frame. Which just happened to be where the Robot were standing around at.

“Artimas, I need you to cover for me while I go hook this up.” I told her.

She nodded her head and began to get her very few arrows ready. I jumped down to the area and began to hook it up.

 “Ugh, why isn’t it working!” I yelled quietly to myself

. I quickly scanned over the device, oh wait! It needs a metal conductor to make it start working. Looks like all that shocking Batman had done to me, hasn’t made my brain go all fuzzy yet.

 “Robin look out!” Someone yelled. I turned around only to be engulfed by a wave full of water.

I tossed and turned around trying to find oxygen, I figured my only way to survive this was to just hold my breath and hope for the best. I was doing well until my whole world went black.

**********************************************************************************

I could feel someone’s hand on my chest. I started coughing up water, I turned to my right to see that it was Artimas.

“It’s okay! Robin’s awake!” she yelled.

I sat up and went down to help free Wally and SuperBoy.

“Why isn’t it working!” Wally exclaimed.

“You idiot! When we short circuited the Robots it stops all the devices from working.”

 “Red Tornado!” I yelled while running over

. “What the hell was that!” Artimas had lost it, she couldn’t hold her anger in anymore.

“You never told me you had any siblings!”

“I was not aware I had any” was the simple reply we got back.

 “Anyway, Robin, was going to tell us something. You know the things Batman had told us weren’t even true. Robin knows the true story” Artimas said.

All eyes were on me as Artimas went back to trying to work the machine. All a sudden, Red Tornado turned around with his eyes red, he created two tornados that began sucking all the air in the room away.

My mouth was burning, my throat became dry. I dropped to my knees with my hand around my throat, hopping that just a little bit of air managed to get through. And then I blacked out.

**********************************************************************************

“Robin. Robin. Robin Wake Up!” Someone was slapping me awake.

I looked up to see that it was Batman. I looked around to see all the other Justice League member helping out there sidekicks. They all looked concerned and worried about their wellbeing, while I was getting woken up by my mentor slapping me in the face.

 “Where are the Reds?” I heard Artimas yell.

It looked as though she had just woken up. I looked around to see that the Red’s where indeed gone.

“Gone” I replied.

“What happened here?” The flash asked.

 “The red’s is what happened. Red Tornado came in and attack us, along with his siblings!” Artimas exclaimed.

 The other heroes looked at us, asking if it was true or not.

“Artimas, said that you had something to tell us about Batman’s lies. What was it?” SuperBoy asked.

“Speaking about that, Batman! Have you been telling us lies about Robin!” questioned Wally.

 Oh Wally, don’t you know the things that the Dark Knight can do to you?

 “Robin, what have you been telling the others about me?” Batman questioned while looking ‘confused’.

 He gave me a secret glare that only I could see, which took years of training to see.

I began to get scared of what he might do to me. I looked around the room to see that everyone was giving me questioning stares, except for Artimas, she gave an encouraging look.

I couldn’t do it. Not with Batman here. Knowing him, if I told anyone the truth, I would surely be punished by the Dark Knight himself, and I only just got back on the team, along with only just getting out of that dark room and only getting fed once a day.

 “Um, nothing, just don’t worry about it.” I said.

 I looked down ashamed of myself, I couldn’t even muster up the courage to tell my whole team about the truth.

“Rubbish! Robin said, that all the stuff Batman had been telling us about the whole shock collar and Robin controlling him, WAS A LIE!” Artimas said, yelling the last part.

 No stop! What was she doing, she was only getting me into deeper trouble! I decided now would be a good time to step in.

 “Artimas, please stop!” I yelled. I didn’t know what to do. It was to either, tell the truth and get in trouble with Batman, or lie to my team so that I wouldn’t get in trouble. I looked over at Batman to see him giving me one of his glares. Could I really stand up to him? No, I couldn’t. I saw him shake his head to signal me not to tell anyone.

“Artimas, everything, I said before…” I hesitated before I said this. “It was all a lie. I figured you wouldn’t help me if you continued to ignore me, so I had to do something that would get you to help me.”

I looked up to see that the whole team was staring at me with shock.

 “YOU LIED! THAT WHOLE TIME! WHEN THE TEAM WAS IN DANGER, YOU CHOSE TO LIE ABOUT SOMETHING! I CAN’T BELIVE YOU! THIS IS HOW LOW YOU WOULD GO TO JUST MAKE SOME FRIENDS!” Artimas yelled.

 For once in his lifetime, Batman chose to step in and protect me.

“Artimas that is enough. I will go talk to Robin in the Batcave about this situation. The rest of you are dismissed, go home and have a break.” Batman said

.  Everyone nodded and for those who needed to go home, went through the Zeta beams while those who stayed at the cave retreated back to their rooms.

“Robin, follow me.” Batman said.

 I nodded and followed him through the Zeta Beam into the Batcave. What was going to happen to me?