Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Dick’s POV.

After Charlie had told me the news about making an announcement, I walked around the whole school trying to find Wally. After like a gazillion hours, I finally found him.

“Hey Wally” I shouted down the hall. He looked up, first confuse, but once he saw me, his face once full of confusion now held a look of hatred.

“What do you want, Dick?” Wally spat.

 “Mate, what’s wrong?” I asked.

 “What’s wrong? You want to know what’s wrong! What’s wrong is that you think that you’re all mister big shot here! All you care about is yourself. You think that nobody can do anything without you! You’re so caught up in this billionaire stuff that it’s all gone to your head!” and with that, he slammed his locker shut and walked off.

That’s it.

 After all these years of being mates, he thinks that all this money had gone to my head over some mission that I failed. It wasn’t even my fault! Bruce was the one who shocked me and made me fail the mission. The bell went signalling that it was lunch time so I began to make my way towards the hall for the announcement.

I walked in and I saw everyone sitting, oh, I must be late. Which is kind of odd because the bell only just went like a minute ago. I scanned the room to see if there was any room left for me, but there wasn’t so I stood in the foyer waiting for the announcement to be made.

“Hi everyone” I looked up from my phone to see that it was Charlie! I waved to her but she didn’t wave back.

 “I told you all to come here for a big announcement.”

“You’re pregnant with Dick’s baby!” Someone from the crowd yelled. I gave them a dirty look and they cowered back. I mean it would be nice to have kids with Charlie because I love her and she loves me.

 “No babe, I would never have babies with dick” Charlie replied back to the boy in the crowd.

Wait, why did she call him babe? The last bit hurt me the most. She didn’t want to have kids with me? What’s wrong with me? Why does everyone think something is wrong with me?!

“The announcement is….Dick here, has some secrets, and I would like to tell you some, more like all of them” Charlie said into the microphone.

 All eyes turned on me and my eyes widened when I realised what she was talking about. She wouldn’t dare.

“Little Dickie here, has had a pretty tough life if you tell me. And I’m about to make it a lot tougher take a look at this video.”

A clip showed up on the screen, at first you could see nothing, but then you could see Charlie placing a camera right in front of my bed so you could see our bodies. Not even after a minute later you could see that I started to thrash around on the bed and that Charlie was trying to wake me up.

“Dick, what’s wrong” I looked around to see that Charlie was the one telling me to wake up. Gosh, she was such a good girlfriend. “Um, nothing, I just had a really bad nightmare” I chuckled nervously. “Dick, you know, you can tell me anything right?” “I know, I just…I’m scared you’re going to judge me for what I’m telling you.” It’s true, I was scared, scared that she was going to make fun of me because of my past. “I promise I won’t judge you or tell anyone else, okay?” I could see that I nodded my head and began to tell her about my past, including the stuff about the shock collar.

By the end of the end of the announcement, once again, all eyes were on me.

“Of course, all of those things he has told me, is all a lie. He was only doing it to get attention. And by the way Dick, I was only dating you as a dare. If I manage to date you for at least a year and get some information about you, I would be getting paid $500, so just know that I never really loved you.”

 I was in tears. I could hear a chorus of “oohhss” going around the hall. Tears brimmed my eyes. I couldn’t believe it. I told Charlie all that stuff because I was tired of holding it in, keeping it all to myself. I was tired of having Bruce bully and abuse me all the time. I told her because I trusted her, I told her because I loved her.

I rushed out of the hall, running out through the doors of the school. I ran down the steps and slowed down my pace to walking. At first I just sat on the curb of the street not knowing where to go, until realising that I wanted to go to the park. I arrived and sat down on the swings with a sand pit underneath it I only just sat down on the swings until my phone started vibrating, I looked at the screen and saw that it was Bruce calling. I chose to ignore it and as soon as I did, I felt a shock wave of electricity pulsing through my body. I was too numb to feel any pain, so I just sat there doing nothing. Just watching all the little kids playing, having the time of their lives, their parents looking after them.

I felt the collar stop buzzing. That was odd the buzzing normally doesn’t stop until I black out.

“What are you doing out of school!” someone behind me growled.

 I turned around to see it was Bruce.

 “Um…some stuff happened during school and I thought it would be best if I just left for the day.” I replied while wiping away some of the tears that had slipped.

“Dick. What happened at school?” Bruce said.

“Nothing Bruce! Nothing happened!” I yelled back.

“Then why were you crying! You need to tell me now or bad things will happen” Bruce yelled back.

 “I told! I told okay! I told Charlie. I told her and she betrayed my trust.” By now all my tears had fallen and suddenly everything hit me like a ton of bricks. I started to sob while I kneeled on the sand below the set of swings.

“What did you tell!” Bruce growled in his Batman voice.

 “I told her about everything. Everything from my parent’s death do your stupid shock collar. I told her everything about my life apart from being Robin.” I sobbed.

 “Get Up! Get in the car! We are going home, RIGHT THIS INSTANT!” Bruce yelled.

 I was scared. Bruce had never raised his voice on me. So I quickly got up and went into the car.