Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Dick’s POV.

Once I had arrived at the cave, I saw that, surprisingly, everyone was here.

 “What are you guys doing here? No one’s supposed to be here?”

“Didn’t you get the message? Batman said to meet us here for some sort of training exercise.”

 What training exercise? Well if Batman told them, that kind of explains why I didn’t know. I don’t think he actually realises that I am in the team.

 I sent a glare towards Batman which in return he gave me one of his Batman glares, which made me back down.

“I called you all in here today, to face your fears. You will each go in one by one and then injected with a serum that will make you face your fears in your sleep. Your fears will be projected onto this screen for the whole team to see. If in case of an emergency, any of the team members are to face their fear, someone is to help them. Please keep in mind, these fears have either happened or they are just imagining it, and for some of you, they might reveal your true identity, so you will have to promise to keep their identity a secret.” And with that he walked off and left for the watch tower leaving Black Canary in charge.

Oh my gosh, what do I do?!

 My biggest fear is Bruce beating and shocking me. Except that’s a fear that both Dick Grayson and Robin have.

That means my true identity will be revealed along with Bruce’s.

What the hell. I don’t give a shit anymore. There’s nothing more to live for.

“The first person to go in, is Wally”

 Wally looked scared shit less. He slowly walked in trying to buy time for as long as he could. Eventually he walked in and was injected with serum which knocked him out. His fear then appeared on the screen.

 It was him being compared to The Flash who was talking to him.

“Wally, you’re not fast enough to be a flash. One day when your friends need your help and your half way across the city, you won’t get there fast enough and then your friends will die, and then they will come back and haunt you blaming you for their death, because you weren’t fast enough. You will never be fast enough” and with that Wally woke up gasping for air, sweat dripping down his face, his body shaking because he was so scared.

I ran over to him and decided to comfort him.

“Wally! It’s okay! It’s just a dream” I yelled, which wasn’t a good thing because it resulted in him pushing me over. He stormed off to Artimas who was trying to comfort him just like I did, except he didn’t push her away.

“Next will be SuperBoy” Black Canary called.

 SuperBoy cowered back in fear, now that he knew what the serum would do to him. So he ran. He ran towards the Zeta Beam which bought him to another part of the world.

 “Okay then….Aqualad, you’re next.” I turned to look at Aqualad from my position on the floor. He gave out a long sigh and said “Better now than later”

He looked scared. But for the sake of the team he didn’t show it. He walked into the room that was surrounded by glass so you could see inside, (Pretty stupid I know) and was injected with the serum. He fear showed up on the screen. At first it was him trying to breathe on land because he couldn’t but then…it was him leading the team into battle, which resulted in us all dying because he was being a bad leader.

He woke up gasping, I wanted to go over and help him, but judging by what Wally did to me, I thought it would be better if he just helped himself.

 “Robin! You’re next!” Black Canary yelled.

 Oh God. Most of the fears shown would be real, except no one would know besides me. The others would know that I was Dick Grayson, the son of Bruce Wayne. Bruce! They would know Bruce was Batman. Oh well. His fault he started this whole exercise and this thing with the collar. I walked into the room where I laid on the bed.

“Now Robin, it would be best if you just relax, and remember nothing in this is real.”

 And with that, Black Canary inject the serum in me. My world fell into darkness. After a couple minutes, it lit up again.

*Fear*

I was in the room that Bruce beat me in, and I was Dick Grayson, not Robin! Bruce walked into the room holding a bat.

“You’ve been very naughty Dick. It think you deserve a punishment.”

 And with that, Bruce hovered over me, bring the bat down. He was beating me senseless. I was screaming and thrashing around and then he began to shock me, I was clawing at me neck trying to get it to stop. All of a sudden, everything around me disappeared. Everything was black. I closed my eyes. I was afraid of the dark. A light appeared in front of me. I was in the Cave. With everyone else! And I as dressed as Robin! They didn’t know I was there until I called out their names.

 “M’gan!” She turned around and gave me a dirty look.

“What do you want Robin?” The way she spat Robin hurt.

“What’s wrong? Why don’t you guys like me anymore? What is so bad about me?” I cried.

 Sure, Artimas might have told me what was wrong, but…..

“You will never know. You will never make any other friends, even as Dick Grayson, no one will like you.” and with that, my whole world when dark.

*End of Fear*

I woke up gasping for air. I looked around to realise that everyone was looking at me with shocked eyes. That could only mean one thing. They saw my fear. Does that mean they saw Bruce Beating me?

“Di-Robin, what’s wrong? You’re shaking.” Someone said.

I was so in my thoughts that I didn’t even realise that Wally was the one sitting next to me and asking me what wrong.

“Nothing KF. It’s just a stupid fear I have, I’ll get over it.” I said.

 Some of that sentence was a lie, and some weren’t. All that stuff with Bruce beating me and the team telling me that they didn’t want to tell me what was wrong. The part about me getting over it, was a lie. I would never get over what Bruce had done to me, but I will forgive the team for what they do to me, because there the only family I have left. Sure they hate me, but there still family.

“Robin, you were clawing at your neck while you were doing your fear. Almost as if it was actually happening to you in real life.” Kid said softly.

 I felt my neck, to feel the sensitive skin that I had clawed at that was bleeding just a little bit.

“Yeah, it just felt so real”

“Let’s bring you to the med bay so we can get your neck checked out.” And with that, we walked off to the med bay to check my neck out.

Where had all this niceness come from? Just a couple minutes before I went in, everyone hated me and was giving me glares and now there looking at me with pity…..

*After he had his neck checked out and everyone had faced their fears*

“Goodbye Robin. Have a good night!” The only person who has been talking to me since I faced my fear was Wally, everyone else had looks of guilt on their faces ad was giving me guilty looks.

 “Ha-ha, you too!” and with that, I walked home to go back to Bruce.