Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Dick’s POV.

I awoke to find all my team members looking down on me.  Where was I? I sat up on the bed that I was placed in and looked around, I was in the Bioship. I looked down at my injuries and saw that no one had bothered to tend them, so I guess it was my job when we got back to the cave…right after I explain to Batman what happened. I gave another look towards the rest of the team, the majority of them sending me glares.

“What happened out there Robin?” Aqualad commanded me to tell him.

“Well, when I received Artemis’ signal, I was about to throw a Bata rang towards Robin but someone shot my hand” I paused to show them the hand that got shot that was still bleeding a little.

“Then Dark Shadow appeared and we began to fight and then he told me that he was just trying to stall me because the shipment just had to get to the Joker, so this time, I stopped and threw another Bata rang towards Robin, it was going and going and going until it was knocked out of its orbit by a stupid bullet that Dark Shadow fired. So then he shot me in the collar bone, and then he said he wouldn’t be able to kill me, yet he could hurt me, so he shot me twice, one on each calf and last but not least, he broke my wrist which resulted in me not giving the signal to Robin.” I said in one quick breath.

I looked around to find that we had finally landed in mount justice.

 “We will discuss this with Batman once we get down, for now, we will help you walk around due to your injuries.” Aqualad replied as he and Kid Flash carried me to where Batman was standing.

Hey, at least they didn’t leave me on the Bioship and let myself walk out, which would take forever considering how much pain I was in.

We were walking towards the debriefing room with Robin walking behind me. Batman, once he saw us, began to rush over.

 “Robin! Are you okay! Are you hurt anywhere?!” Batman yelled.

It looked as though he was running towards me, I began to smile. Maybe he had gotten over the fact that I had insomnia? Maybe he wanted me back. Maybe, just maybe, he loved me.

 “Batm-“ I began to say but I was cut off by another voice.

“Batman, I’m fine, nothing happened to me” I turned around to see that the other Robin was now talking. Batman continued to run, but except of running towards me, he ran towards the other Robin.

“Good, I was beginning to think something happened to you”

 Batman said while placing a hand on his shoulder.

“Now, will someone please explain to me what happened to the mission!” Batman commanded.

Everyone looked at me. I gave out a sigh and began to tell him what I told the others on the Bioship.

“Well it’s a good thing you aren’t dead yet. Go get yourself cleaned up” Batman said.

 “But I can’t, some of my wounds require stitching, I can’t perform stitches on myself, I need someone to help me! Please!” I pleaded.

 “Well then, I think it’s best you start learning” and with that Batman walked off to go back his home in Gotham. Well at least he had a home.

“Don’t worry Robin, the other Robin and Wally will help you.” Aqualad said, while placing me on one of the surgery beds.

“Thanks Aqualad.” I replied.

 Right now, he seemed to be one of the nicest guys to me, but other times, he was the meanest. Robin began to set up the equipment for the stiches that I needed. Wally had to leave because his parents wanted him home for dinner. Robin placed some sort of numbing medication on me as he bad to stich up my wounds.