Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Dick’s POV.

“Hi guys” I said when I walked back into the cave.

 They all turned and gave me dirty looks, except one? It was Wally, he gave me a look of pity yet suspicion. As I walked closer, I notice that he was eyeing my body. Oh God. I hope he didn’t notice, and if he did, that he wouldn’t tell the other members, cause that would just give them another reason to hate me. Because I get abused by Bruce. But they don’t know that Bruce is actually Batman or that his famous son is actually me.               

I went and sat on the couch, I was kind of disappointed that M’gan wasn’t making anything in the kitchen, because I was starving.

“Team. You have a mission to go take down Poison Ivy once more. And Robin...” I looked up to see that all eyes were also on me.

 “Don’t screw up.” I looked down.

 I thought he was going to give me words of encouragement instead he told me not to screw up.

“Robin! Get in the Bioship NOW!” Aqualad demanded. I quickly hurried up onto the Bioship and strapped myself into a chair.

What do I do? I haven’t had any training in a while. What if I’m rusty? What if I don’t do anything right? If I fail one more mission, the team will hate me even more!

“Robin, are you listening?” Miss Martian asked.

“Umm, sorry, could you please repeat that again” I asked.

 The others gave me dirty looks because they knew that I wasn’t listening. So we quickly went over the plan again. Once we landed we went off into our positions. My job was to distract her while SuperBoy went and did the final blow.

Everyone was doing their part of the plan, and then it was my turn. I just hope that I don’t mess it up this time. I walked out and proceeded to through some of my bombs onto her, each one exploding in her face. As I threw my last bomb, one of Poison Ivy’s plants knocked me off my feet.

 This is starting to sound familiar ain’t it?

I landed on the ground with a thud, I looked up to see SuperBoy doing the final blow, my vision was clouded by one of the plants spraying something on me and then I fell into darkness.

**********************************************************************************

I woke up to see myself in the position I was in when I blacked out. I looked around to see that Poison Ivy was gone and so was the rest of my team mates. All though Poison Ivy was gone, all of her plants were still here, except, they looked…normal?

Where had the rest of my team gone?

Did they all just leave me when they realised that they had won the battle. I stood up feeling slightly dizzy. This place was a mess. I tried talking to M’gan through the mind link but no one replied.

“Hello? Come in? Anyone?” I said into the earpiece.

“Is that you Robin?” I heard Artimas say.

“Artimas? Yeah it’s me, where are you guys?” I replied.

“Oh, we went back to the cave to go play some games and celebrate our victory. Didn’t you come with us? Aren’t you in your room?”

 “Oh, um, no. I’m not in my room. I don’t have a room in the cave cause I live with Batman, remember?”

 “Sorry no, whatever, just come to the cave, or if you really want, go home.” I hung up (Don’t know if you can do that or not) I couldn’t believe it.

 My own team just left me here after we had won. Even worse, how could they not notice me on the Bioship? Did they not realise that at least someone was missing

Whatever, I think that going home was the best option. If I went to the cave to celebrate no one would even talk to me, let alone notice that I arrived unless I Zeta beamed in. Except if I went home, I would have to face Bruce and his beatings. No! Wait! Bruce was on a mission with the Justice League! I wouldn’t have to face Bruce when I went home! I hopped on my motorcycle and drove towards the Batcave.

Once I arrived I went straight to the kitchen to grab some food, I was starving.

 Turns out, I’m just a little bit rusty on my skills, but not as bad as I thought it was. After I had eaten, I went up to my room to have a shower and get ready for bed.

Once I did, I sat in my bed with my head resting against the headboard. I laid down and closed my eyes to go to sleep, except when I did visions of Bruce smiling while shocking me showed in my mind. I shot up from my bed. What they hell was that?

That night, I didn’t sleep at all, because every time I closed my eyes the same vision of Bruce smiling while shocking me, would appear in my head.