Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Dick’s POV.

“Bruce, I don’t mean to be rude, but what have you been telling the other members about me?” I asked, once we were safely back in the Batcave.

“Nothing that concerns of you, now go back to your room and go to sleep.” Was his reply.

I looked at him confused. What, no shocking or beatings? That was odd. Afraid of what he was going to do, if he just sent me to bed without a warning or anything, I figured the safest option was to just go to my room and sleep.

Once I got up to room and showered and stuff like that, I laid down in my bed and attempted to go to sleep. Only a couple hours after I had went to sleep, I woke up again.

 What was happening to me? Why can’t I go to sleep? I’m tired, yet I cannot go to sleep? I tried to go to sleep one more time, except when I closed my eyes visions of that night of Bruce beating me and shocking me constantly replayed in my mind making me jolt awake.

 What can I do to get to sleep? Maybe Bruce can help? No. He wouldn’t. He hasn’t changed. Or has he? Well since he let me off without a warning or any type of beating or shocking, he must have changed.

After a lot of arguing in my head, I decide to go to Bruce, to ask him if I could sleep with him. I know, call me childish that even when I can’t go to sleep, I still go to my ‘dad’ to ask if I can sleep with him.

I’m a 14 year old boy, I can still act like a child if I wanted. I walked down the hall heading towards his room, once I finally reached his door, I slowly put my hand up to knock on it. Once I did, I instantly regretted it. What if he was mad that I woke him up? Maybe the reason why he didn’t do anything to me before was because he felt sorry for me? No he wouldn’t. I told the team that what he was saying was all lies.

When no one answered the door, I decided to just go in. I opened the door, to see that Bruce had not heard my knock on the door and was still sleeping on his bed. I walked over and shook him awake.

“Bruce, Bruce” I said. He groaned and rolled over to face me.

“What do you want?”

“I-I coul-n’t sle-ep, so I was won-deri-ng if I co-uld sle-ep with you?” I said, while stuttering.

“Oh, I know just the thing that will make you go to sleep.” He said.

He got up out of bed and began to walk down the hall and down the stairs into the room that he locked me in. “Bru-ce, where are you go-ing.” I stuttered.

“You said you couldn’t sleep right?” I nodded my head.

“Well, I know something that will make you sleep.” He replied. When we walked into the room, you could see the single light bulb except there was a chair underneath it. He sat me down on the chair and tied me up with rope.

“Bruce, its fine, if you don’t want me to sleep with you, I’ll just go back to room and sleep there.” I tried to get up but the ropes held me down.

 Once he tied me down to the chair and knew I couldn’t get out, he walked out of the room and came back in moments later with a baseball bat.

“What are you going to do wi-“ I was cut off when the baseball bat hit me in the face, the cheek to be exact.

“This will make you want to go to sleep” Bruce yelled while hitting me in various part of my body with the bat.

No wonder. Bruce let me off before so that he could beat me later. He continued to beat me until I was bloody and bruised. My face was the worst, there was blood coming out from the top of my forehead, my eyes and cheeks were covered in bruises, and my lip had a massive cut going down the top of it.

When I was about to pass out, Bruce untied the ropes and dragged me upstairs to my room, and dumped me on the bed and locked the door while walking out.

 I tried to fall asleep once more, except every time I closed my eyes visions of the beating would appear. What’s the use? I try to go to sleep but I can’t, so I might was well not.

But hey, in the mean time I might as well go shower and clean my cuts and bruises once more.  Once I hopped out of the shower, I began to clean my cuts, only wincing when some of the rubbing alcohol went into the cuts in my lip and forehead.

Wait, what was that noise? I ran out of my en suit into my room to find that it was my alarm going off, signalling that it was time to go to the Cave once more.

I quickly finished off cleaning my cuts and bruises and got into my Robin suit. Oh great, you could see the bruises even with the mask on my face. The only thing you couldn’t see where the bruises on my eye. Whatever, it’s not like they will care anyway. I walked down into the Batcave to Zeta Beam into the cave. “Robin B01” it called out. I walked in, to see that everything was still the same, even all the glares at me.

“Team, meet me in the training room.” Black Canary said into the speakers.

I quickly ran into the training room to see Black Canary standing there. When she saw me, a looked of horror crossed over her face.

“Robin, don’t take this the wrong way, but, what happened to your face? Why are there bruises and cuts all over your face?” she asked.

 Shit, what do I say, I can’t tell about Batman cause…that’s a bad idea, and I can’t say I ran into a pole because you don’t get cuts from running into a pole.

“Um, once I got back to Gotham, there was some bad people attacking it, I had to take them down with Batman, and you know...Things just got a little rough.” I said.

Most it wasn’t a lie. Batman was a bad person, and things got a little rough last night. I couldn’t sleep.

“Oh, right, just be a bit more careful next time.” Black Canary said.

 I nodded my head and joined the others.

“Don’t believe everything he says. He could just be lying so he can make at least one friend” Artimas said.

 I should have just told the truth yesterday. If I chose either choice about telling or lying, I would have gotton in trouble by Batman anyway.

“Alright, let’s start some training” Black Canary said who chose to ignore the comment that Artimas made.

This was going to be a long training session.