Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Dick’s POV.

I hadn’t slept at all last night. I just sat in my room thinking about all the things that could be wrong with me. What if I had some sort of disease and I would only have a day to live? What if they had to amputate part of my body off? What if Bruce found out what was wrong with me and gave me back to the orphanage?

All these thoughts began to make my head hurt. I got up and walked towards the door.

Maybe it isn’t locked. Maybe Bruce realised what he did was wrong and unlocked the door. My mind began to wonder once more.

To my luck, the door opened with no trouble. Oh thank God! I was starving and I had to go to the doctor’s appointment after, and I had to ask Alfred if he could drive me, because, you know…

I can’t drive……..

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, on the table there was different plates of food, bacon, pancakes, toast….. I sat down and began to pile my plate high with food, if you didn’t know me, you would mistake me for Wally.

 “Master Richard, would I please advise you to eat a little slower” Alfred said.

 Oh, I was so hungry, I didn’t even realised how fast I was eating.

“Thanks Alfred, could you please do me a favour?” I asked.

 “Of course Master Richard, what can I do for you?”

“Well, I was wondering, If you could drive me to the doctors after breakfast?” I said “Sir, I don’t recall making a doctors appointment for you, and if I were to make an appointment for you, you wouldn’t need it because you are perfectly healthy.”

“Yes I understand Alfred, but I made a appointment for myself because I notice some stuff about me” I said

“Mast Richard, if this is about your body changing, I suggest you talk to Master Bruce about this,”

“NO! Alfred, I’m not talking about those changes I’m talking about something else, I can only tell you once I know what it is.” I replied coolly.

 Besides, I already knew about that stuff.

 “Of course Mast Richard, I will be in the car waiting.” Alfred replied and then walked off.

I finished my breakfast got changed and went to go meet Alfred in the car.

 “Sir, I will be waiting in the car for you, and when you get back, we can have a little talk about why you made the appointment.” I nodded my head and walked into the clinic and sat down on a chair.

 I waited anxiously until my name was called out. The clinic was basically empty beside the receptionist, me, and a little girl and mum sitting next to each with the mother reading her a book. I wish how my mum used to do that to me.

“Richard Grayson” someone called out. I looked up and walked towards the lady holding the clip bored.  

“Doctor Arnold is in the door down the hall.” And she walked off.

 Some receptionist.

 I walked to the door and knocked.

 “Come in!” someone yelled, I’m assuming Doctor Arnold said that.

I walked in and saw him sitting on a chair. “Please, take a seat Richard” he said

“Please, call me Dick” I replied and sat down on the chair.