Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Dick’s POV.

I didn’t get a sleep a wink at all last night. What is wrong with me? Maybe it was just a one off and nothing is wrong with me. Everything. Everything is wrong with you. Why do you think Bruce abuses you? Why do you think that everyone on team hates you? No. Nothing is wrong with me. Everything is wrong with you. No. Bruce only abuses me because I disobeyed him when I invited a girl over, and the team, the team hates me because I failed one mission.

The nest minute I felt a pounding in my head.

“Arrggg! Make it stop!” I yelled. Unfortunately no one was home, I think.

What was happening to me? Why do I hear a voice in my head?

 After I did my morning routine, I headed down to the Batcave and got changed into my Robin attire. I Zeta beamed into the ca-

“What the hell!” I cut myself off when I saw a bright red fireball getting thrown towards me.

 I quickly dodged it using my acrobatic skills. I ran towards where the flame was coming from even though I couldn’t see where anyone was because the whole room was filled with smoke.

I started throwing Batarangs at the strange figure. Every time I would throw one, it would disappear into the smoke but then it would explode all the same. I quickly back flipped back towards the Zeta beams as the person threw another fireball at me at the same time an arrow flew past me towards the person.  I turned around to see that it was Artimas.

 “What are you doing here?” I shouted over the top of all the fireballs getting thrown this way.

“Ahh, I don’t know, I wanted to come into the cave to get some training done, except when I walked in all I could see was a room covered in smoke and fire balls getting thrown this way, so I started shooting arrows when you started throwing your little bomb things.” Artimas said.

 “We should probably get out of here, were like sitting ducks out here.” I yelled.

nodded and we both ran towards the showers. We quickly started to turn all the taps on

“At least the water helps” I said.

 Next thing you know, the taps were blasted off the walls and began pouring out with water. The showers began to be filled to the roof with water. I quickly placed some more of my bombs on the wall. IT exploded and we drifted out along with the water.

“Quick! Run to the kitchen!’ I yelled.

We quickly ran into the kitchen. C’mon! Where do we hide?

“The air vents!” Artimas quickly said and proceeded to climb up the air vents.

I quickly downloaded the blueprints for the cave. We crawled through the vents and landed in the entrance of the cave…filled with water? I looked around and saw Kid Flash and SuperBoy stuck in in some sort of clay thing.

 “Are you guys okay?” I asked my voice filled with concern. “Where fine!” SuperBoy spat while Wally gave me a look of sorrow.

“Just, go help M’gan” I nodded my head and saw towards the stairs that were leading towards where M’gan was. Artimas and I stopped in our tracks to see that a girl robot was standing in front of us while being covered in fire; we quickly turned around and ran down the steps only to find that another robot was standing blocking our path. They both began to fire at us except we jumped off the stairs making their shots hit each other.  We swam towards another part of the cave and hid in the air vents.

“What do we do now?” Artimas questioned.

“Their robots aren’t they? Well we have to make something that will short circuit them so we can rescue the others.”

 “Gosh, Robin! What would I do without you”

 “Artimas, before we rescue the others, can I please ask you a question?” I pleaded

 “Um, sure, just make it quick cause time is running out.” Artimas said. Oh yeah, did I mention? We were being timed so that we could surrender.

“Well, I was wondering, why do you guys hate me so much?”

 “Well, umm. We don’t hate you” Artimas said with a slight hesitation. Almost as if she was hiding something.

 “What are you hiding from me?” I asked with suspicion.

 “Okay! I’m sorry!” Artimas yelled out while crying into my shoulder.

She was sobbing to the point where she was hiccupping.

 “It’s okay, shhhh” I tried to make her stop crying so that she could stop crying and tell me what she was sorry for.

 “It’s just that Batman told us some stuff about you and when he did we started to dislike you for what you did to him” I quickly pushed her off me, except not in a mean way where I questioned her.

“Wait! What did Bru-Batman say about me?”

What had Batman been saying about me to my teammates to make them hate me.

“He said that you placed some sort of shock collar on him and whenever you wanted you would shock him. He also said that you abused him.” I was shocked.

 All the things that Bruce had told them about me weren’t true. In fact most of what he said are lies. He wasn’t the person with the shock collar. I was. He wasn’t the person that got abused. I was.

“Artimas…none of those lies are true.” I tried my hardest to not tell her about the truth that it was actually me with the shock collar and that I was the one getting abused.  Her face filled with shock.

“Oh my gosh. So does that me we have been rude to you for no reason?” I nodded me head and looked down.

“Robin, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know that what Batman was telling wasn’t true. Except why would he do that? What does he have against you?” Artimas said.

“It’s okay. You didn’t know, and I’ll explain everything later, once we go and save the others.”

And with one final hug, we continued for our mission. To short circuit the robots and to save the others.