Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Dick's POV.

It was true, I did return home. Or what, I called home at least. But the thing was, when I walked out of the rusty old telephone box, I walked a few feet until I heard it call out someone's name. On instinct I climbed up a pipe so that I was on the roof and had a good view of whoever or whatever was coming out of the booth. The light flashed and a figure walked out. I squinted my eyes to get a better look at the person.

It was Lana.

I didn't know she lived in Gotham. Maybe she was following me. I highly doubt it, not after what happened during training. I was surprised on how well I could walk, judging by my two bullet wounds and how she kicked my shin before. They were actually healing quite quickly compared to my collar bone and my two wrist. Anyway, back to Lana. What was she doing here? Maybe she lived here. I wouldn't be surprised though, a vampire choosing to live in Gotham? The city was basically covered in pollution and people would get mugged and others would dies from various things. All the more reason for her to get her blood daily. She began to walk out of the ally and blended into the streets of Gotham.

She took turn after turn before arriving at a house that I assumed was hers or her families. How do I know? Well for one, she opened the door with a house key. I saw her walked in, and I jumped to another tree, landing gently on my injured legs. I could see her through the window talking with (I also assumed) her family members. I'm guessing they were vampires as well because their skin was pale and their eyes had a hint of red in them.

Yes. I can see that far.

I could see their mouths moving and saying words but I couldn't hear them.

Was it wrong to spy on them?

No. Of course it isn't. I'm a detective and I'm just trying to gather information for her files. I silently threw a listening device that was wireless and was hooked to my earpiece (if that make sense? So it's technically Bluetooth) with my hand that had a cast on it. What? Just because it had a cast on it doesn't mean that I can't move my fingers.

I pressed a button on my ear piece so that I could here there conversation.  "Lana, why can't you be more like your sister? She gets good grades and she's not into stupid crime fighting. She's into beauty which comes so naturally to her unlike you....and she enjoys school." I heard her, I'm assuming her mother say. They were comparing Lana to her sister?

And she was saying Lana wasn't beautiful?

They must be crazy! She was the most beautiful person I had ever seen in my life! I don't understand why they would even compare her to her sister. Even though I had known Lana for one day, and I had a pretty good glimpse of her when she introduced herself to me, I knew she was beautiful...inside and out.

By now I had missed most of the conversation and Lana had just gone up to her bedroom. She turned on her bedroom light and gathered some materials from another room. What was she doing? She walked back into her room, sat on her desk, and began to make something. She seemed to be working really hard on it. All I could catch a glimpse of was some sort of black material. Whatever she was doing, she up until 3:00 in the morning doing it. I continued to watch her until around 5:00. By then, I was tired. I mean, I was always tired. But I wouldn't have to be tried if it wasn't for that stupid insomnia. I looked at the clock built in my wrist computer. It read 5:30. Oh no! I had to go to the cave to do my daily workout. I quickly jumped across all the buildings until I landed upon the rusty old telephone booth. I walked in as it said 'Robin B01'. I felt the familiar feeling of my body being teleported, only to find myself standing in front of the others in the cave. They were all huddled in a circle as they talked about something. Robin saw me and began to walk over towards me. "Hey Robin. Are you feeling any better after yesterday?" he asked.