3 : muke

Michael was relieved when he saw Luke waiting for him at his locker. When he saw Michael's face Luke felt a little better. He could ignore his slight headache for a few hours. Usually he would've had some blood in the morning, but due to only having one pint left, Luke had decided on waiting until he got home. That meant he would have a headache all day and his jaw hurting. But if it meant that Michael was happy, then Luke was happy.

"Good," Michael put him combination for his locker, the rusty hinges squeaking when he opened it. "You weren't lying to me."

"Nope," Luke leaned on his right shoulder on the row of lockers. "Did we ever figure out why people were acting weird yesterday?"

Michael shrugged. He had completely forgotten about the strange amount of attention people were paying to Michael and Luke the day before. Michael was tempted to go up to someone and ask, but him being Michael, he had too much anxiety to even talk to someone when called on in class let alone walking up to someone and asking something himself.

"We could ask someone," Luke balanced himself back on his two feet. His shoulder had fallen asleep and he didn't like it. He didn't even know a shoulder could fall asleep. He didn't know an undead person's shoulder could fall asleep. Luke spotted an approachable girl. He remembered her as one of the people who had been staring at him and Michael. "Hey, you, random citizen."

Michael face-palmed as Luke jogged up the the girl.

"Um, hey, Luke," the girl sounded confused.

She knows my name? People know my name? What?

"I have a question," Luke stated. "Okay so people were acting weird yesterday and some people were staring at Michael and I and I was wondering if you knew why...?"

"You don't know?" She scoffed. "Muke."

Luke blinked.

"Muke?"

"Muke," the girl nodded. "You know, you and Michael's ship name."

Luke blinked again.

"Our...our what?"

"Your ship name," the girl over pronounced her words.

"Yeah, yeah, I know what a ship name is, I wasn't born yesterday," Luke replied quickly. "But, people ship me and Mikey? Why?"

"Because you're adorable," the girl squealed. "Honestly, I think people write fics about you online. People didn't pay attention to you just yesterday, so I guess you don't really notice"

"But we aren't dating -"

"I gotta go," the girl cut Luke off. "But it was nice finally meeting you. You two are like celebrities."

Luke was utterly baffled. Michael saw it on his face.

"Well?" Michael asked, a curious look on his kitten-like face. Luke's face flushed. It was kind of embarrassing, really. Luke was bisexual, yes, but he was sure Michael was straight. But people shipped Muke. That was why no one ever approached them. That was why no one ever bullied them. They were untouchable. They were high school celebrities.

"Muke," Luke bit his lip ring. "People ship us together. Hard core."

Michael reddened. "Oh."

"Yeah."

Luke and Michael didn't talk much the rest of the day.

if ur reading this tell me how much pain was caused to ur heart when the music video came out bc i was swerving all over the place