16 : drug

Luke had been in and out of it for what felt like days. He would wake up long enough for him to remember what had happened, only to fade back into sleep again. He was so weak. He didn't know how. He was a Born, for Christ's sake. There was nothing that could kill him.

Right?

"You've had the same confused expression every time you wake up," Calum's voice came from behind where Luke was lying on the cold metal table. "I guess you're wondering how you're so subdued."

"Obviously," Luke could barely talk. His throat was so dry it hurt to speak. "I'm supposed to be invincible."

"You still can't be killed, trust me," Calum came into view and smirked at Luke. He was holding a syringe. "But you can be weakened. Thanks to The Pharmacists."

"That's such a stupid name." Luke rolled his eyes and internally laughed at the name those scientists had given themselves. They were a secret cooperation dedicated on ending the vampire race. Obviously they had killed 99% of the population, and were probably pissed that they couldn't kill Luke.

"I know, but didn't come up with it," Luke watched as Calum poked his vein with the syringe. He could already feel it working.

"I-I need to see Mikey," Luke coughed. Eventually he was going to go insane without having any blood for however long it had been. That was one thing he was always very careful of.

A vampire without enough blood will literally do anything for it.

Kill anything.

"Oh you will," Calum laughed. "In a few weeks."

"No, no it'll be too late then...I can't...no..."

Luke drifted off.